Projectile!

KT88

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here is the companion to The Swamp Creature (Argentum 1212). Based on the Bell and Howell projector that my teachers used to show us drivers ed films on. Does anyone else think that it sounds like a Supro? I hear a nice raunchy midrange and some bite to the treble. Like the 1212, I prefer the gain set below 12:00. But there is some seriously filthy, splatty and fuzzy goodness with the gain maxed, too. It stacks well with the 1212, as well.

Get nasty with The Projectile!
20240505_122142.jpg 20240505_122039.jpg

Here is the companion to The Swamp Creature (Argentum 1212). Based on the Bell and Howell projector that my teachers used to show us drivers ed films on. Does anyone else think that it sounds like a Supro? I hear a nice raunchy midrange and some bite to the treble. Like the 1212, I prefer the gain set below 12:00. But there is some seriously filthy, splatty and fuzzy goodness with the gain maxed, too. It stacks well with the 1212, as well.

Get nasty with The Projectile!
View attachment 74627View attachment 74628
looks great! it's a great sounding pedal, one of the first i built because i loved the walrus audio one so much. then they came out with v2! need to figure out what's different...

Looks like V2 has two footswitches and an extra volume and gain knob. Can probably do a combo build with two Projectile PCB's and build the V2?

I read that the v2 doesn't go as clean (low gain) compared to v1.
ah, I believe that. it's a "wooly" pedal (in the best way, in my opinion), so I can see it not cleaning up the same if more gain is inject.

Looks like V2 has two footswitches and an extra volume and gain knob. Can probably do a combo build with two Projectile PCB's and build the V2?
well this is just a great idea. if I recall it's four J201s each! I didn't measure or match the ones in mine but it sounds great (most JFET pedals). that seems to be the go-to topology for creating "tube-like" breakup in a pedal format. I need to do some more research on how that works.

ah, I believe that. it's a "wooly" pedal (in the best way, in my opinion), so I can see it not cleaning up the same if more gain is inject.

well this is just a great idea. if I recall it's four J201s each! I didn't measure or match the ones in mine but it sounds great (most JFET pedals). that seems to be the go-to topology for creating "tube-like" breakup in a pedal format. I need to do some more research on how that works.
Yes. 4 J201's per board. One out of the four doesn't need to be biased and has no corresponding trim pot.

Back