Buffer with dual outs questions

swelchy

Buddy is asking me If I can build him a buffer box for the beginning of his chain that he can plug guitar in and has two outputs… mainly so one output goes to an always on tuner and the other output goes to the rest of his signal chain… I’ve never wired something with two outlets so I have no idea the process? Can anyone direct me to how to proceed? Thinking of using the smd buffer to keep things small…

If he wants both outputs buffered - Connect the input jack to the buffer input and the output of the buffer to both output jacks.

If he only wants one output buffered - Connect the input jack to the buffer input and the unbuffered output, connect the buffered output jack to the buffer output.

And the other request was a footswitch for muting…. I’ve not ventured out into point to point… I’m still a paint by numbers guy in my journey. Maybe the kliche buffer is where I should be going since the pcb already has a switch implemented

A mute switch in the same pedal as the buffers?

I assume it should only mute the guitar output, not the tuner output?

A mute switch in the same pedal as the buffers?

I assume it should only mute the guitar output, not the tuner output?
Correct..I guess he still wants the option to mute for tuning… People are weird.. I don’t ask why..🤣… Most good tuners have buffers.. I know my polytune does.

If you're planning to use the Kliche Buffer you could wire it up like normal, except connect the buffer output pad directly to the buffered output jack. Omit the wire that normally goes from the PCB out to the 3PDT.

Then connect the input jack directly to the tuner output jack.

The footswitch will mute the buffered out but not affect the unbuffered tuner out.

If both outputs need to be buffered we'll have to change that up a bit.

his site must be down today
I've no problem accessing the site, build-doc PDFs etc...

Description

Quality Moddable Buffer, Silent Tuning port & remove the tuner from your signal path.

Although this circuit was primarily designed for on stage use Silent Tuning – it allows you to cut the signal to the amplifier while tuning your guitar. It removes the tuner completely from the signal path so there is no worry about whether your tuner is true bypass or not or whether your tuner sucks the tone out of your sound. It puts the tuner at the front of the signal chain where it belongs , the tuner sees a low (guitar) level signal free from the influences of any effects pedal when the tuner is connected further along the effects pedal chain.

The circuit buffers (high input impedance, low output impedance) your guitar making it suitable to drive vintage (low impedance input) effects plus it increases performance when using long cables with your effects in bypass mode.

The circuit provides an output of +6dB (gain of 2) although it can be configured as a unity gain (no boost) buffer or the gain can be increased by changing a single resistor. With a few modifications the circuit can be configured as a foot switchable booster and / or variable gain circuit.

Back