DEMO Gates of Hell - Muzzle build report

This post contains an audio or video demo

kerryfine

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Gates of Hell (Fortin Zuul noise gate clone - PPCB Muzzle)

Had to go with the line cut down the center to show the fire on the other side of the gate 😈 Utilized Tayda shape drill feature. Came out nicely at only 1mm wide, although ever so slightly off center but not terribly noticeable.

Getting the LEDs to illuminate through the slit was the tricky part. I tried a 1mm thick piece of acrylic hot glued in the slit but it didn’t transluminate through very well. Then I tried just hot glue alone, again not the greatest with only the narrow 1mm slit. I then tried a piece of red plastic from a bag of screws, it was ok but still not there. Finally I cut a piece of a pink Tayda component bag which I secured on the inside of the enclosure and the LEDs looked the best this way!

Troubleshooting:
Not sure if im not using the side-chain correctly. I wired the pass through 4 jack way and read every post regarding this on the forum but the sidechain pass through doesn’t work for me… the gate works perfectly fine just using the two top jacks. When using the sidechain, I am using it like I had my prior decimator gate wired - guitar through tuner and into key input on side, then pass through going to my modulation pedals and then into amp input. The top jacks I have like an effects loop with all my dirt pedals in there… I get no signal passing through this way.

Demo video just using top jacks:

IMG_9807.jpeg IMG_9808.jpeg IMG_9453.jpeg

That looks great! You should plug one of the tuner outputs into the sidechain, and the other tuner output goes to your pedals, you can just ignore the other side jack

That looks great! You should plug one of the tuner outputs into the sidechain, and the other tuner output goes to your pedals, you can just ignore the other side jack
I have a Peterson Strobostomp mini which only has one out so unfortunately can’t do it that way.

I tried connecting as depicted in the Fortin Zuul + manual which works but I get loud squealing from many of my gain pedals…

Attachments

• IMG_9828.jpeg
    IMG_9828.jpeg
    719.7 KB · Views: 5
Back