Maleficent Mids - "Les Midz"

giovanni

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This has been a long time coming. Work has been very busy and life and death have gotten in the way so may building rate is down to a crawl. And making and laser-cutting graphics takes me a very long time. So I boxed up my Maleficent Mids months ago and really really like it, but didn't laser-cut the faceplate until today using my new Rowmark 2-ply acrylic sheets! Oh yeah, that's also why it took me so long, I hesitated so much buying these sheets! Anyways I am glad I bought them because they are pretty nice and the results have been pretty decent. I still think I should be able to get a bit crisper lines, but this is an improvement over some of the first ones I made.

The build went relatively smooth except for the complications of a 1590B. I love the end result but they are a PITA to work with. I actually did have some issues with the switch which was broken (it was shorting both sides) and I had to replace. But after fixing that, the pedal worked just as expected. And I have to say this pedal works really well with a Strat to push the mids a bit and give a fuller, more vocal tone. Basically one can go from TS to Klone territory (without any overdrive/distortion) in terms of the frequency response, which can be very useful. It can also scoop the mids but I don't really have a need for that given the music I play. But overall I really recommend it, it's surprisingly effective and useful. You know some days you can't get the right tone? I feel like this pedal fixes that problem every time.

1714785025718.png

I'll take a gut shot tomorrow, I don’t feel like opening it up right now...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom