Multi meter

I have one mentioned above (Crenova 890z), but I'm not sure how accurate it is when reading DC voltage... There have been many discrepancies between it and other testers. The only problem is that the OTHER testers are also slightly iffy - the TC1. I have two of those, and they both read almost identically - then I check the same resistor with the Crenova and it's way different. Fresh batteries and all. Checked a 9v battery against a dedicated battery tester and the Crenova, and same thing - different readings.

I'm starting to use the MM in a transistor-checking station, and I want to make sure it's as accurate as possible. Should I look into getting a different one? If so, what are some current favorites? I can't really spend Fluke money...

Personally, I've had good experiences with Klein Tools multimeters for precision work. They offer decent accuracy without the hefty price tag.

For a good budget option I like the AstroAI 6000. I got it as a backup on a black friday sale, and ended up using it as my primary one.

Got myself one of these... Capacitor meter was one of the main demands when I upgraded from the 10,- version I owned before, that didn't even have a diode tester! (So it got useless pretty fast when I starting out touching pedals in inappropiate places). Also wanted a function generator so I could calibrate my cassette multi track. Reading through a few build logs, I read that an oscilloscope comes handy down the line as well, but haven't been there yet. So yeah, not top of the line, but when tinkering with these analog audio circuits, "eyeballing it" instead of ultra precise measurement, isn't that much of an issue. From my research it's the best multifunctional tool around, alongside the Owon handheld oscilloscope (which has much higher counts (20.000) compared to the Hantek. But the Hantek has software that allows you duplicate the screen onto a computer screen, which I expected to be more useful eventually.
🙈

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom