“Correct Leakage Numbers”

What's interesting about the Supafuzz is that when it was produced by Sola Sound, it was just a re-branded MK II. Same circuit.

When Sola Sound ended the contract to produced them for Marshall, Marshall took over production in-house. That's when the 10 uf Input and Emitter caps came in. Interestingly enough though, they also removed the treble bleed cap at some point. However, it seems there was a period where they were still built with the treble bleed cap.

I've breadboarded both many, many times. The 10 uf/0.01 uf combo has a lot of "Ass" (for lack of a better term) and it should considering the treble rolloff at the input from the 0.01 uf. The 10uf/no treble bleed combo is interesting because it is actually a little brighter than the stock MK II but also just a touch fatter because of the bigger input and emitter caps.
Well I'd never heard that! All I know is that I like the Marshall version a lot more than the original TB. This place is a wealth of information.

This is the problem with fuzz. Sounds awesome alone at home or when your doing corrective EQing in a daw but live shit just disappears. Also why I don't understand the love of full frequency boosts and drives. Everything turns to mush and gets lost in a mix. Then all the mod threads to cut bass lol

I goofed around a little bit after modifying my Ge Fuzz Face yesterday with a low gain Side 1 of my Paragon Mini and my Vick Audio Overdriver into the Fuzz Face.

The Vick Audio Overdriver was nice because it retained that transistor fuzz feeling and let me kind of turn the Fuzz Face into a MK II with a single stomp.

Back