Muffin Fuzz : The Fox

Dali

That one worked on my first try !

From the 9 choices in the building docs (https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/MuffinFuzz.pdf) I chose The Fox (Guild Foxey Lady) because I'm a huge fan of Robert Fripp and the Foxey was on his pedalboard 73-79.

Few notes for beginners like me:

1. The 1N5817 is on the PCB but not in the list of component. You need it.
2. The RLED is a resistance, I used a 4K7 (it's not a red led!).
3. Gigantic green "chicklets" (120nF) are huge but works, something smaller will be easier to fit.
4. The pots are not marked on the PCB. A100k on top for The Fox:
Volume A100k​
LED​
Sustain A100k​
Tone B100k​

1575151713514.png 1575151739831.png

I tried it with my Les Paul copy and it's really what I was expecting (Fripp's mastery not included with the pedal, sadly)

Visual will come later...

That one worked on my first try !

From the 9 choices in the building docs (https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/MuffinFuzz.pdf) I chose The Fox (Guild Foxey Lady) because I'm a huge fan of Robert Fripp and the Foxey was on his pedalboard 73-79.

Few notes for beginners like me:

1. The 1N5817 is on the PCB but not in the list of component. You need it.
2. The RLED is a resistance, I used a 4K7 (it's not a red led!).
3. Gigantic green "chicklets" (120nF) are huge but works, something smaller will be easier to fit.
4. The pots are not marked on the PCB. A100k on top for The Fox:
Volume A100k​
LED​
Sustain A100k​
Tone B100k​

View attachment 2330 View attachment 2331

I tried it with my Les Paul copy and it's really what I was expecting (Fripp's mastery not included with the pedal, sadly)

Visual will come later...
Looking to make this build and was wondering if you feel like the A100k for Sustain was a good idea? About to make this build and trying to figure out pot values.

Looking to make this build and was wondering if you feel like the A100k for Sustain was a good idea? About to make this build and trying to figure out pot values.
I build what's in the docs. I don't really know the impact...

I went linear so I could follow the device settings over at gilmourish.com.

I kinda like A100K for volume on BMs but never for sustain, if anything C100K for sustain for me. B100K on both is probably the most widely used

Back