Conqueror Fuzz

music6000

Unique Overdrive/ Fuzz!
Enclosure is a Tayda Matte Black Powder Coated.
Sanded the Top back to bare metal and edge.
Finished up with Automotive Clear Coat & BLMS Skinny knobs.
Used Automotive paint pen to make Red markers.
Cleaned up excess with thinners.

CONQUEROR FUZZ Pedal 1.jpg

CONQUEROR FUZZ Pedal 2.jpg

Last edited:
You can always wind your own. ;)
Looking into that. only $8.50 from Smallbear. I could probably clamp my dremel with a cutoff wheel bit installed and stick the bobbin on with some heavy duty tape. I'd need to buy the 500 ft spool of enameled wire though. I wonder how many inductors that could make. haha

I bought an adjustable inductor from ebay I am using in this pedal. It works well, and it is interesting to be able to tweak the inductance plus or minus 10%. It was $14 and was shipped quickly. Search for "Adjustable Wah guitar pedal Inductor for Dunlop "

Here's my Conquerer. I got a Dunlop inductor relatively cheaply from some online shop in Germany of all places! Can't remember who it was. I'm still in two minds about this pedal - for what I wanted it for I think the Marsh Fuzz probably does a better job, even though that's not what it was designed for! I wanted something to get me that She Said She Said tone. I love Beatles guitar sounds. I do like the Conquerer though. I just need more time to experiment with it I guess. As usual the build went perfectly - no issues whatsoever. Conqext.jpg Conqint.jpg

Pardon what is probably a dumb question, but this project lists both NPN and PNP transistors. Are the PNP used for switching?

Pardon what is probably a dumb question, but this project lists both NPN and PNP transistors. Are the PNP used for switching?

The PNPs (Q4 & Q5) are for clipping. In the original Vox amp circuit, Q3 & Q7 were for switching the fuzz on/off. They are hardwired on in the White Pedal and Conqueror.

Nice clean build!

The PNPs (Q4 & Q5) are for clipping. In the original Vox amp circuit, Q3 & Q7 were for switching the fuzz on/off. They are hardwired on in the White Pedal and Conqueror.

Nice clean build!

Loving these build photos! About to start on mine. To those who’ve built it, did you do any selecting of Q4 & Q5 for hfe?

They're wired as diodes, so hFE has only a mild effect. If you are OCD about symmetry, you want to match vbe and hFE. I doubt that Vox or Jext Telez bothered to do so.

I mentioned in another thread that Q4 & Q5 can be replaced with jumpers, and some other parts deleted; the sound will be the same.

They're wired as diodes, so hFE has only a mild effect. If you are OCD about symmetry, you want to match vbe and hFE. I doubt that Vox or Jext Telez bothered to do so.

I mentioned in another thread that Q4 & Q5 can be replaced with jumpers, and some other parts deleted; the sound will be the same.
Ah, thanks. This is helpful. Just did some reading on wiring transistors as diodes!

Back