Amplifyfun UV printing.

Phil hodson

So, after a lot of emails back and forth and help from Spencer with regards to my knowledge (or lack of) of Inkscape (he truly has the patience of a saint!), my first enclosures from Amplifyfun turned up today!
Wow I’m very impressed. The quality looks just as good as “the other place”
Definitely with a shot if you’re struggling with making the PDF style.
I still have to check if the drill temps were on target.
Happy to answer questions here or for a much more detailed explanation I’m sure Spencer would be much more help 🤣
Sorry @fig for for completely stealing one of you’re enclosure designs too.

Attachments

• F0D8B7E9-4DC6-4074-87C8-1B64ADA4FC6F.jpeg
    F0D8B7E9-4DC6-4074-87C8-1B64ADA4FC6F.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 542DBB52-FE63-4010-9517-219127E34B9B.jpeg
    542DBB52-FE63-4010-9517-219127E34B9B.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 154
  • 9226591E-FAA9-477C-9BB3-D283615132CA.jpeg
    9226591E-FAA9-477C-9BB3-D283615132CA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
  • 49802A5F-6D29-4ECB-B119-358296FF7E47.jpeg
    49802A5F-6D29-4ECB-B119-358296FF7E47.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 6B6A38AA-AA8A-4746-A1DB-2867B267D13D.png
    6B6A38AA-AA8A-4746-A1DB-2867B267D13D.png
    920 KB · Views: 158
So, after a lot of emails back and forth and help from Spencer with regards to my knowledge (or lack of) of Inkscape (he truly has the patience of a saint!), my first enclosures from Amplifyfun turned up today!
Wow I’m very impressed. The quality looks just as good as “the other place”
Definitely with a shot if you’re struggling with making the PDF style.
I still have to check if the drill temps were on target.
Happy to answer questions here or for a much more detailed explanation I’m sure Spencer would be much more help 🤣
Sorry @fig for for completely stealing one of you’re enclosure designs too.
Those are fantastic! :love:

Just be sure the enclosure cover (bottom) is mirror-polished. ;)

Here are a couple I just had done, using Lovemyswitches to drop ship directly to Amplifyfun. Spencer was a joy to work with, highly recommended. I did the one layer PDF in Affinity Designer and used Inkscape to tweak the fonts. No white layer needed and that actually saved me a couple of bucks per box. Very quick service too.

Black sparkle Gorva S90:

BlackSparkle.JPG

Chameleon Gorva S90, both pics are same box:

PurplePhase.jpg

Chameleon2.JPG

All of these look so good.Wish I had some artistic talent and be able to wrap my head around artwork. Maybe one day I can pay someone to do it😞

I've gotten some enclosures from Spencer and my experience was great as well. When I need something tayda doesn't offer, hes my guy, since i get most things from tayda it works out much better with just one shipping cost instead of the back and forth, but his work is great. Also I believe he offers just faceplates, but I've never gotten those, but I've seen others use them and they look great.

I thought they only accepted files made with Illustrator! Any gotchas with Inkscape? I’ve been really hesitant to pull the trigger on AI.
They look awesome by the way!

I thought they only accepted files made with Illustrator! Any gotchas with Inkscape? I’ve been really hesitant to pull the trigger on AI.
Inkscape is RGB, so if you want to make sure the colors come out the way you want you're going to want to convert it to CMYK. There are differences in the color palettes between the two and sometimes automatic conversion doesn't make the best choice. After exporting as a PDF I used Scribus to do this and sent the result to Spencer.

That's Tayda that "highly prefers" AI files. I did the cab logo half and half in Affinity Designer and Inkscape, and the pedals mainly in Designer, but Spencer will happily take either .af, svg, or .pdf files. AD has several different CMYK palettes available and I just leave it in CMYK colorspace by default, FWIW.

When I got UV printing done by Spencer I used PSD files as thats what the template he sent me was in, and many art programs can produce PSDs. I personally use clip studio, which has a free trial and goes on sale really often for less than $50. It was pretty convenient because I make all of my art in clip studio and just image trace it in illustrator for my tayda prints so I was able to skip a step.

The first issue I ran into was that the template I got from Spencer didn’t look correct in Inkscape, they were all scaled up and I never figured out a way to fix them. Did anybody have that problem?

The first issue I ran into was that the template I got from Spencer didn’t look correct in Inkscape, they were all scaled up and I never figured out a way to fix them. Did anybody have that problem?
I had this issue with several programs. I ended up with affinity design and asked Spencer’s the dimensions for a 125b faceplate. I can’t remember if I asked spencer about the graphics as well or if I shrunk the template to the size of a 125b and hoped for the best.

Back