SOLVED General Tso Help

Hello,

I just finished up a build on a General Tso tonight and its not working properly. The footswitch wire is bizarre to me and for some reason I see to be getting continuity from ground to the Tip on the input jack? As far as I can tell I have everything wired correctly. I did sub a 3.3M for the 10M resistor until I can get back to work and grab a 10M.

Appreciate the photos but can’t see how the on/out jacks are connected, can you share a pic that shows those?

The number one culprit in most trouble shooting is a bad solder joint or a micro bridge of solder shorting things out. If you have a magnifier slowly go through each solder and make sure it’s solid, some of them look like they could use a quick reflow, and check for tiny bridges. I would double check that the resistor you socketed is actually making full contact and the LDR sensors are usually to the side of the led not on top of the led.

Good luck, this is one of the best compressor pedals. It’s never left my board since building it.

Appreciate the photos but can’t see how the on/out jacks are connected, can you share a pic that shows those?

The number one culprit in most trouble shooting is a bad solder joint or a micro bridge of solder shorting things out. If you have a magnifier slowly go through each solder and make sure it’s solid, some of them look like they could use a quick reflow, and check for tiny bridges. I would double check that the resistor you socketed is actually making full contact and the LDR sensors are usually to the side of the led not on top of the led.

Good luck, this is one of the best compressor pedals. It’s never left my board since building it.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
This is probably my 30th build or so. So as you can imagine I'm frustrated with myself. I attached a link showing the in and out jacks.

I'll go back through and look for solder bridges. Thats the only think I can even think of. It's bizarre that the input is showing continuity with the ground but the tips on both the in and put dont have continuity.

Back