Sagan delay power pin continuity question

Raspymcnasty

6F0B7565-9A6D-406F-9D04-99652C2931FA.png I’m about done with building the board but i goofed on the 7 pin. I accidentally soldered on the wrong side, so i had to desolder it and might have possibly damaged it.

Is there supposed to be continuity on power pin 1 and power pin 4?

Hard to read, but one of them seems to be labelled LGND and the other GND. That suggests to me that they are both grounds with the LGND being a ground with a particular purpose (for example it is quite common in digital circuits to have a digital ground and analog ground that are only connected at a single point to try and make sure digital clock noise doesn't get into the analog pathways). In the end though, all ground paths will be connected at some point. I would expect that LGND and GND should indeed be shorted together.

Hard to read, but one of them seems to be labelled LGND and the other GND. That suggests to me that they are both grounds with the LGND being a ground with a particular purpose (for example it is quite common in digital circuits to have a digital ground and analog ground that are only connected at a single point to try and make sure digital clock noise doesn't get into the analog pathways). In the end though, all ground paths will be connected at some point. I would expect that LGND and GND should indeed be shorted together.
I’ve seen quite a few circuits though with an analog ground and digital ground, where there aren’t directly shorted together, and are instead joined by an extremely small resistor between 10-50 Ω, leaving the potential of the analog ground a few μV over digital ground. I’ll see if I can find an example of what I mean

I’ve seen quite a few circuits though with an analog ground and digital ground, where there aren’t directly shorted together, and are instead joined by an extremely small resistor between 10-50 Ω, leaving the potential of the analog ground a few μV over digital ground. I’ll see if I can find an example of what I mean
Thank you for your response! This answers my question and follow up question.

Perfect thank you!

Back