SOLVED Plugging into input jack shorting LED and circuit? Mercurial Q-Boost

PangeaDestructor

Hi All, I am having a weird issue I've never encountered before on a build. Plug in power, looks good. LED goes on and off. Same with the output into the amp. Plug my guitar input cable into the pedal and the LED lights up dimly. If I press the footswitch, it gets brighter, and the effect kinda sorta works. No bypass signal at all. I'm wondering if I just have a busted jack or something, so am going to try replacing that later, but is there a simple answer to this that I'm not aware of?

The jack shouldn't affect the LED, busted or not.

This sounds like an offboard wiring issue or a short some sort. This sort of thing is usually caused by a solder splash or stray wire strand around the IN/GND/SW/OUT pads at the bottom of the PCB.

Like @giovanni said, pics would be helpful.

Sure thing, bottom and top here. Let me know if I need to get clearer pics, I have trouble getting macro shots with my phone lately for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 16
That's an order switcher breakout board. It's meant to swap the order of effects in a 2-in-1 build.

You need this one, or just remove the breakout board and hard wire the 3PDT using the wiring diagram in the build doc.

Back