Reduce volume of Greengage

Oh_Discordia!

My greengage sounds great, except that I cant turn it up past 9:00 without getting into earbleed territory. I read on here to swap the volume pot for something lower (50k or 25k). I put in a 50k - maybe a little better, not nearly enough. So i put in a 25k, and zero change, still need to keep it at ~7:30-8 oclock to keep things useable. What can i try next?

Last edited:
I look at youtube video's & where the pedal I'm building being demoed has the Knobs dialed especially if the Build doc says ''B'' in Volume.
You will see a lot of Builders do it on the Volume pot and if it is at 9 to 10 O'clock it will Most likely be a B taper (Linear).
I have changed a lot of my Builds to A taper (Log) as it allows for a smoother transition in Volume over more travel of the Pot!

Log pot definitely. Lin has a better sweep in the silicon clipping mode (aka you don't need to crank it up all that much) but sucks for LED and diode lift modes.

As others have said, it seems to be a trick some builders use to put a B pot for volume. Users are impressed by the massive volume it must have if unity is at 8:00! One theory anyway.

I replaced vol pot on my greengage with 100kA also.

Back