2 Loop Switcher with Flip-Flop? (Quartermaster 2)

Big Monk

Can anyone point me in the direction of a schematic similar to the Quartermaster 2 with the flip flop switching?

Are you specifically looking for a relay-based thing, or do you just want an A/B w/ on/off? That's pretty straightforward with mechanical switches.

Flip-flops with white socks? You’ve been in Daytona too long. I tried to warn you.
Check out St. Augustine if you have time. It’s a part of FL that doesn’t suck as much.

We always go to St. A, but this trip we did not have time. We like to budget a whole day there when we do go.

You'll need a microcontroller for "radio button" style switching.

The Intelligent Relay Bypass module does it, if this is what you mean. (you'd need two)

I'm working on a more advanced version of the Dual Effects Loop if you aren't in a tremendous rush... I'm just waiting on more relays to arrive.

It'll do this and more.

You'll need a microcontroller for "radio button" style switching.

The Intelligent Relay Bypass module does it, if this is what you mean. (you'd need two)

I'm working on a more advanced version of the Dual Effects Loop if you aren't in a tremendous rush... I'm just waiting on more relays to arrive.

It'll do this and more.

I’ll wait…

Long game bro…😉

If you just want the radio button functionality (or want to add it into an existing build) the Intelligent modules have you covered and can handle as many loops as you need, but if you're building a dual loop switch anyway the new project will cover a lot more ground (when/if needed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fig
I think that should work for a flip-flop a/b with global on/off.
Black is ground - I'd star ground it just in case there are loops somewhere.

Since I’m gearing up for a new pedalboard build, my switching desires are as follows:

1.) Radio/Flip-Flip Loop for 2 Fuzzes
2.) Radio/Flip-Flop Loop for my Swirlies (Phase/Vibe)
3.) Order Switcher to move Fuzz before Wah and Swirly after Fuzz
4.) Traditional Loop with flip-flop AND A+B option for my 2 Drive Slots. I’ve got the Kliche Mini bug again and I’m building a single BB style project.
5.) Radio/Flip-Flop Loop for my Mod pedals
6.) Lastly, I’d want a loop for my El-Cap and EP Preamp where I could have the preamp or El-Cap alone but default to to both on when I click the switch.

Can you make a diagram? It sounds like you have a lot of features and it would be easier to help with the design.

Yup. I’m going to draw things up when I get back from Vacation.

It’s pretty simple:

1.) There will be 2 strictly Radio/Flip-Flop Loops: one for Phase/Vibe and one for Fuzzes

2.) There will be 1 A or B/A+B with Radio/Flip-Flop capability: I want this loop for 2 drives. I’d like to be able to flip flop them and add them.

3.) There will be 1 loop for my El-Cap and EP Preamp: I want this to default to both on and have them both selectable.

4.) Last one is an order switcher that works with the fuzz loop and swirly loop to move the fuzz before the wah and swirly. Basically to give me fuzz into wah tones and fuzz into phase/Vibe tones.

MDC's diagram could be modded to have separate on/off stompers for each loop. Then you'd have master bypass for both loops, on/off for each loop and the order switcher — just stick in a couple of DPDT stomps on the output paths of each channel (or SPDT toggles if you prefer and don't need LEDs, DPDT toggles if you still want LEDs).

MDC's diagram could be modded to have separate on/off stompers for each loop. Then you'd have master bypass for both loops, on/off for each loop and the order switcher — just stick in a couple of DPDT stomps on the output paths of each channel (or SPDT toggles if you prefer and don't need LEDs, DPDT toggles if you still want LEDs).

I think you need the microcontroller and relays though to do the flip flops.

EDIT: The flip flops are straight forwards I think with the DPDT intelligent bypass boards.

The order switcher is all mechanical so that’s easy.

I’ll probably have to wait for the new switcher for the A+B/A or B/flip-flop function for my drives.

Also, the default ON/A+B/A or B for my El-Cap and EP Preamp will have to wait for the new switcher.

Which is all fine because if I standardize around 1590B for loop/Switch boxes, I can build the new board out ahead of all of it.

As far as the capability I need, does my description above sound about right @PedalPCB?

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas guys.

Last edited:
I tried to diagram it out a few months ago and I think I got it correct, but I'm 90% sure you can do flip-flop A or B / A into B with two switches.

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 6.41.12 PM.png

I didn't actually build it, but if it does work It'd be easy enough add bypass around that on a third switch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 6.35.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 6.35.39 PM.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 2
Back