2 Loop Switcher with Flip-Flop? (Quartermaster 2)

To me "Flip-Flop" indicates order reversal, A>B and B>A.

After following the signal path in MDC's diagram, I see it does A or B and A > B — just as MDC said, but the "flip-flop" in the description threw me.

I mention it just in case somebody is looking for order reversal and doesn't bother to suss out the signal paths in the diagram.

I definitely want to try building it, I love utility stuff and this one's dadburned useful! Many thanks @mdc for posting your diagram.

To me "Flip-Flop" indicates order reversal, A>B and B>A.

After following the signal path in MDC's diagram, I see it does A or B and A > B — just as MDC said, but the "flip-flop" in the description threw me.

I mention it just in case somebody is looking for order reversal and doesn't bother to suss out the signal paths in the diagram.

I definitely want to try building it, I love utility stuff and this one's dadburned useful! Many thanks @mdc for posting your diagram.

I think of flip flop as when A is turned on B turns off.

Also, looking at it again, the link between the two "from B" connections is redundant... or keep the link and get rid of one of the wires.
Sorry to hijack!!

You'll need a microcontroller for "radio button" style switching.

The Intelligent Relay Bypass module does it, if this is what you mean. (you'd need two)

I'm working on a more advanced version of the Dual Effects Loop if you aren't in a tremendous rush... I'm just waiting on more relays to arrive.

It'll do this and more.

Do you have a rudimentary wiring diagram for the setup in the video?

Hmmm, I'm not sure, but it's really straightforward...

You start by wiring up a 3-in-1 like you normally would, each PCB with it's own relay bypass board, daisy-chained together in series.

Then connect all three modules together by the "CTRL" pads.

Now set all of the modules to channel switching mode and you're done.

Hmmm, I'm not sure, but it's really straightforward...

You start by wiring up a 3-in-1 like you normally would, each PCB with it's own relay bypass board, daisy-chained together in series.

Then connect all three modules together by the "CTRL" pads.

Now set all of the modules to channel switching mode and you're done.

The possibilities are making my brain go a mile a minute.

Then after you've set all the modules to channel-switching mode, and it's all working, then you decide which effect can go at the very end or the very beginning and put it in Channel A of a flip-flop and the other two go in Channel B of the flip-flop opposite A as well as the latter two having their own flip-flop order switcher channels...

So if I’m seeing and comprehending this correctly, if I were to make a bypass loop out of these:

1.) Input of the Loop goes to Jack In
2.) In/Out get connected to Send/Return Jacks
3.) Out of the loop goes to the Jack Out, unless I’m connecting more loops which means Jack Out goes Jack In of the next loop.

And then use the control pads in the proper configuration for the require modes.

So I think if sussed out the possibilities with my Joyo switcher triggers and the standard modes of the IRB.

Now I’m trying to puzzle out if there is a possible way to turn an effect on and another off with a single trigger input. Looking over the schematic, I don’t believe this to be possible.

I know turning off one loop/effect and turning on another loop/effect can be done with one stomp. I'm just not sure if the PPCB intellgent switcher can be set up for that — I vaguely recall that it can, similar to "radio-button" mode of THCustoms' dealio.

I know turning off one loop/effect and turning on another loop/effect can be done with one stomp. I'm just not sure if the PPCB intellgent switcher can be set up for that — I vaguely recall that it can, similar to "radio-button" mode of THCustoms' dealio.

I think you hit it on the head. The IRB can do radio/flip-flop with 2 switches and 2 boards but for a single footswitch or trigger output to flip-flop them, I think you'd need to be able to configure the board to have the relays in opposite states, i.e. one normally opened and one normally closed so that a single trigger or footswitch changed their states simultaneously.

So I think I may have to give up on that idea. At least from the perspective of doing automatic switching.

Back