Tayda Electronics - shipping

I forgot to mention it: I from Italy.
For EU Country there are new rules about duties. DHL has their custom fee, but even post have their rules.
With the post, in Italy, under 150 € we have to pay just the VAT, indeed I anticipated the fee I had to pay, but that not how much I was expecting.
Post delivery had delivered to me the package, and there's no DHL label, and the tracking have the TH, Thailand Post.
I have to say the deliver time estimated for Italy is 7-60 days. I often used the old Registered Mail deliver, except once, I always received my order in a month or so. This time less than two weeks.

PS As I asked early, does somebody know if I have to pay fee even for a small bag with four LED and eight nut?
I would just buy the LEDs locally. I wouldn't risk more fees for a couple of LEDs.

The LED, indeed, are not a problem, nor so urgent. But if I need I should order them somewhere else at the first occasion. The only problem it will cost more than Tayda, a bit less then once, but those are less convenient than Tayda.
While the nuts, I afraid, are too much small to find in a local hardware, though I could try.
(It's just a few cents! But we know all the price are rise up).

If I had to pay fee for a tiny and thin and lighter than a plume bag... the international delivery industry is going crazy.

Has anyone from the UK ordered from Tayda recently? I was going to put in an order for about £50 worth of stuff but I'm not sure it's worth it once any potential customs charges are added on. Also, the DHL customs pre-payment seems to have disappeared.

I miss the days when you could get the parts for an entire pedal shipped and delivered, customs free, for US$3.49 :(

Last edited:
Just looking to see if any of you ordered stuff to Canada with DHL recently. Wondering, as I used the regular Thailand Post option for my recent order, which was mostly stuff for 4 pedals (around 150 USD), and it was near 50$ shipping.
Looking to compare as if it’s near (shipping + fees/custom), I might go with the speedy option next time (I won’t have much time before mid-July, so I didn’t care this time).

Last edited:
I have a big ish order for Tayda to do soon so would be interested to see what would be the best option to get it to Canada too. I keep getting hit with Import. Even on things from the USA 🤦‍♂️

@SYLV9ST9R , @Phil hodson, @pcb rookie, @EGRENIER , @Popnfreshbass , @rjkuyvenhoven , @p_wats , @Nostradoomus , @Dali , @Pimpoftheyear70 , @Fuzzmax , @Pop Alexandra , @Dreamlands and any other fellow Canadians...

I put together a large Tayda order that was approaching US$300, so I was worried about the duties and import fees as I got dinged recently for that on an order from another supplier. So I did a bit of spelunking and Canadians can order up to CAD$150 duty-free (taxes still apply) according to
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/importan...-surprise-fees-when-shopping-online-1.5676847
— published Nov 22, 2021.

That CAD$150 works out to about US$111 depending on exchange rates.

So I've split my order in 3 and choosing Tayda's Thailand Post option for about US$20 per order. I'm guesstimating that my shipping fees will still be cheaper than shipping one large order and getting slammed by DuHelL/FckEx/UPShit or still hammered by Thai Post and Canuckian Duties etc. If it makes much/any difference, I'm residing in Oilberta.

Thoughts, recommendations?

Last edited:
I've ordered the first lot. However, if I'm paying US$20 shipping for each order, am I really saving anything? Is getting everything all at once and using a shipping company's cheaper rates enough to offset the Duties and taxes?

I can't imagine what it was like being capped at CAD$20, before parliament raised it to CAD$150 — when I lived in Hong Kong there was no import duties nor taxes at all, just the shipping charges (which was great from Thailand, but not for all the other overseas places, ex PCBs).

I've ordered the first lot. However, if I'm paying US$20 shipping for each order, am I really saving anything? Is getting everything all at once and using a shipping company's cheaper rates enough to offset the Duties and taxes?

I can't imagine what it was like being capped at CAD$20, before parliament raised it to CAD$150 — when I lived in Hong Kong there was no import duties nor taxes at all, just the shipping charges (which was great from Thailand, but not for all the other overseas places, ex PCBs).
Warning, rant ahead:

So, just received the customs fees for my most recent Tayda order. These are close to the original amount paid for goods and shipping (IOW, close enough to double!)

I contacted DHEll to inquire what these charges are for: a so-called multi-line entry amounting to close on $75 charged by ZA customs. They explain (DHEll) that when a listing is greater than six lines, there’s a ZAR40 charge ($2.50) per additional line. So, by ordering more than six items, I’ve incurred this exorbitant customs fee.

Seems I should approach Hugo and ask if they can group my similar items into a single line or some such, extra hassle for him, but a heads-up regarding customs fees, which seem to have little rhyme or reason (at least in this neck of the woods). At this rate, I should consider making a quick trip to Bangkok to collect the parts in person. Could take in Koh Samui on the way …

Rant done. Thanks for reading and apologies for the vent. So, @Feral Feline, it may well be that ordering small amounts multiple times would certainly be cheaper in the long run. As always, YMMV.

Mybud, so sorry to hear your tale of woeful reaming by whutDHeLL. No apologies necessary, it's important to vent!

Regarding Thailand — three things:

1) Have some suits made in Bangkok, get measured up when you first arrive.

2) See a dentist while you're there — Western-trained, so good and cheap!

3) Visit Kanchanaburi — you can take in the Bridge Over the River Kwai, Hellfire Pass and awesome MTBing in general.

When you get back to Bangkok to fly out, your suits will be ready and you'll look like a million bucks flashing a dazzling smile from all the memories made in Kanchanaburi. That place is amazing and so often overlooked for Phuket etc. Also, try the home-made moonshine in Kanchanaburi, if you can find it. The locals drink it with a bit of honeycomb in the glass, but I enjoyed it just as much just neat — goin' blind.

It's similar in Europe. I am wondering whether I just swallow the price hike and order locally to get things faster and without the customs surprise and interaction. Last time I had to prove I wasn't doing this for commercial use, a pic of my pedal builds convinced them of my mental illness, but it's all just extra effort to get to the real joy.

Mybud, so sorry to hear your tale of woeful reaming by whutDHeLL. No apologies necessary, it's important to vent!

Regarding Thailand — three things:

1) Have some suits made in Bangkok, get measured up when you first arrive.

2) See a dentist while you're there — Western-trained, so good and cheap!

3) Visit Kanchanaburi — you can take in the Bridge Over the River Kwai, Hellfire Pass and awesome MTBing in general.

When you get back to Bangkok to fly out, your suits will be ready and you'll look like a million bucks flashing a dazzling smile from all the memories made in Kanchanaburi. That place is amazing and so often overlooked for Phuket etc. Also, try the home-made moonshine in Kanchanaburi, if you can find it. The locals drink it with a bit of honeycomb in the glass, but I enjoyed it just as much just neat — goin' blind.

Thanks @Feral Feline but in fairness (why, you may well ask?) it’s ZA customs, not DHEll in this case. I visited Bangkok awhile back to do a gig at the Koh Samui Jazzfest but this was in my pre-building days. Had I known then, I would have found Hugo in person and ordered a thousand-plus parts over the counter, if such a thing is possible.

It's similar in Europe. I am wondering whether I just swallow the price hike and order locally to get things faster and without the customs surprise and interaction. Last time I had to prove I wasn't doing this for commercial use, a pic of my pedal builds convinced them of my mental illness, but it's all just extra effort to get to the real joy.
Mental illness indeed. I do know the feeling…

@SYLV9ST9R , @Phil hodson, @pcb rookie, @EGRENIER , @Popnfreshbass , @rjkuyvenhoven , @p_wats , @Nostradoomus , @Dali , @Pimpoftheyear70 , @Fuzzmax , @Pop Alexandra , @Dreamlands and any other fellow Canadians...

I put together a large Tayda order that was approaching US$300, so I was worried about the duties and import fees as I got dinged recently for that on an order from another supplier. So I did a bit of spelunking and Canadians can order up to CAD$150 duty-free (taxes still apply) according to
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/importan...-surprise-fees-when-shopping-online-1.5676847
— published Nov 22, 2021.

That CAD$150 works out to about US$111 depending on exchange rates.

So I've split my order in 3 and choosing Tayda's Thailand Post option for about US$20 per order. I'm guesstimating that my shipping fees will still be cheaper than shipping one large order and getting slammed by DuHelL/FckEx/UPShit or still hammered by Thai Post and Canuckian Duties etc. If it makes much/any difference, I'm residing in Oilberta.

Thoughts, recommendations?
What I find more frustrating than taxes/duties are the fix rate brokerage fee that can add up quicker than our usual 10-15% taxes/duties. At least hen ordering through the US, I'll usually use USPS and get away without duties or brokerage fees.

Back