Parentheses Fuzz issues.

Diatrive

Hello all,
I just built one of these and am having some problems.

1. The pass through works fine so I assume the wiring is ok.

Assuming these are on one at a time:
2. The boost works fine and the LED lights up.
3. The octave doesn't change the sound at all but the LED lights up.

4.The boost and the octave can be on at the same time.
The boost still works and the octave has no effect but both are clean tones.

5. If you hit the RAT switch all sound stops and the LED lights up.
No matter whether the boost and octave are on or off in any combination.

6. While the silent RAT is engaged and the volume knob is turned you can hear some static that increases/decreases when the knob is turned.

Basically the RAT portion of the pedal doesn't work at all and cuts all guitar and the octave doesn't change anything.

Hi! Similar issue with octave not working. Every other section in the pedal works perfectly. All LED’s light up when switched (inc Oct) but octave pot dims signal when engaged and turned clockwise, also doesn’t bring in any effect. Any ideas? Sorry new to the whole game so my problem solving skills aren’t quite there. Thanks I’m advance. I know it’s hard to guess without pedal in hand

A477CB61-CB87-4CB6-BB1D-F93A8797897D.jpeg
864240B5-4D3F-4A51-88AA-D4C3F27F88A3.jpeg

Hi! Similar issue with octave not working. Every other section in the pedal works perfectly. All LED’s light up when switched (inc Oct) but octave pot dims signal when engaged and turned clockwise, also doesn’t bring in any effect. Any ideas? Sorry new to the whole game so my problem solving skills aren’t quite there. Thanks I’m advance. I know it’s hard to guess without pedal in hand

View attachment 2195
View attachment 2196
Flip D2 and D3, so that they're opposite the screen print. Had the same issue with mine using silicon diodes

They should be fine. More likely to be damaged by the heat of desoldering. I'd replace them just to be safe
Mint! Worked a charm. Octave now working. But now somehow inbetween removing and refitting board the rat section has developed an issue. The distortion pot when turned up (when dist and vol is also max) has mad high pitched feedback in the last 3rd of the pot that changes pitch when turning knob... any ideas on what to look at - It was working fine before... argh.

Mint! Worked a charm. Octave now working. But now somehow inbetween removing and refitting board the rat section has developed an issue. The distortion pot when turned up (when dist and vol is also max) has mad high pitched feedback in the last 3rd of the pot that changes pitch when turning knob... any ideas on what to look at - It was working fine before... argh.
Have any pictures?

Have any pictures?
Same as the board above only with reversed D2/D3. I didn’t touch anything else. I messaged pedal pcb direct and they seem to think the clipping led needs swapping and I should leave the diodes as stated on screen. I’m confused now and none the wiser about cause of problem

Same as the board above only with reversed D2/D3. I didn’t touch anything else. I messaged pedal pcb direct and they seem to think the clipping led needs swapping and I should leave the diodes as stated on screen. I’m confused now and none the wiser about cause of problem
Does the feedback issue only happen with the octave engaged or without?

With and without. If you have the vol and dist maxed then turn the filter toward treble it’s just squeals. The octave just boosts that squeal. So it must be in the rat section somewhere but I can’t find out where. Annoyingly I can’t send videos on this forum. When I first built the pedal the red clipping led worked too but now it doesn’t. Replaced that and still nothing. All this only happened after swapping diode polarity. But octave only works with D2/D3 reversed from screen indicator. I thought it might be the selectable clipping section diodes so swapped those out. Same problem. When I first finished it the rat section was perfect and silent. Now it’s insanely noisy and has this squeal problem. Fail. It’s super odd cos the whole pedal passes signal so dunno where to go next

Any fix to the squeal in the rat section? Mine started doing this as well.

Back