Tayda Enclosure shrink wrap issue

Many__Of__Horror

I received a new shipment from Tayda last week that had a couple of UV prints and some plain powder coated ones as well. The UV prints were fine, but the untouched ones were packaged in a shrink wrap film that I have found near impossible to peel off. It tears off in little pieces and you really have to work with the finger nails to get the next part going. Took me an hour on the first one to get it all off and I am dreading starting the next one. Does anyone have any tricks to get this stuff off easily? I have sent an email to Hugo just to give him a heads up as it is the first time I've had this issue, but I certainly won't be able to purchase them again in this packaging unfortunately (for me)

Attachments

• 20220618_153451.jpg
    20220618_153451.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220618_153441.jpg
    20220618_153441.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 58
Hmm 🤔. That’s a new one. I’ve never run into that with their enclosures before. You could dry using a heat gun if you have one or, maybe a hair dryer as you’re peeling that junk off. It might soften up whatever adhesion is going on with that plastic.

Did that gunk come off with a little alcohol? The only thing I can think of is that they did the shrink wrap before the finish completely cured.
In general I've been super happy with the quality of the powder coated enclosures I've gotten from Tayda.

It doesn't make much difference spraying with alcohol, doesn't get itself in under the shrink wrap as it's super stuck. It's the first time in all the years I've been getting enclosures that I've had any issues. I hope it is a one off batch for their sake as it is bloody awful stuff

Maybe give a shot to lighter fuel (nafta) ? But as mentionned looks like the powder coat wasn’t cured. It may actually not been adhesive, but patterns left in the finish ?

This actually appears to be a clear coat layer peeling from the base coat... maybe for that color they do a base color and then a clear topcoat.... and the adhesion between the two is failing.. I'm a liquid coating expert by trade and from the pics that's what I'm seeing

Last edited:
It was definitely a shrink wrap, it bundled up at the top and bottom, also the lid/base with screw set inside sealed together until slice along the join to separate. Unmistakable.

Yeah it is the new brown glitter one

Last edited:
The opposite advice of Isaac Hayes: "Just, you know, you can't put bread in a cold oven. You know, you've got to take your time. You've got to heat it up. So that's what, that's what I like to do with my music. I like to build it, and build it into a maddening, exciting crescendo."

Different scenario, I suppose. 🤔
I think Isaac and I are on the same page. Of course the oven needs to be preheated for any kind of baking. It's what happens after the baking process that I'm referring to. You really do need to let the bread cool completely before wrapping because otherwise it gets mouldy real quick.

Knowing Isaac as well as I do (which is to say not at all) I would suggest that he would agree with me too. Unless he was referring to the tootsy roll, for which it is prudent to put in a "plastic bag" before popping into the "oven" unless you know the owner of said oven particularly well and they can verify the maintenance schedule of the oven for you. You can still "build it into a maddening, exciting crescendo" with a "plastic bag" on the tootsy roll.

Back