Super 64

Jazzwolf

This is a build I have been wanting to do for a while. I love the sound of the Superbolt and love the legendary tale about the amp this circuit is built from. Was a pretty easy build, sourcing parts was a little bit of a pain as the transistors and IC were really tough to find. Biasing went very smooth again due to the great posts on this forum.

The design was a rabbit trail off of Jimmy Page's name for his legendary modified Supro Coronado. It was called the Sundragon. I looked at doing a Tolkien homage and use some Smaug graphics as the Lord of the Rings books influenced a lot of the music of Led Zepplin. I could never find the dragon look that fit the sound of this pedal for my liking.

I ended up finding some vintage sun and moon graphic in my searches and started riffing off of that. I wanted the eyes of the sun man to be the LEDs so I bought some 3mm leds and build a wire assembly in the case. I really like how it turned out.

Artwork is printed via Tayda UV service. I meant to do this last build but a big shout out to Pachyderm Pedals as I found a tutorial he did on using Inkscape and Affinity Designer to make the artwork and those helped me get my pdfs ready.

I am likely going to go back to the few builds reports I did and add some demos for funsies.

Ryan

top-off circadian.jpg top-on circadian.jpg input cricadian.jpg guts circadian.jpg

Back