Parasit Studio Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

SYLV9ST9R

Had a lot on my plate with other life stuff recently, so this was slow to take form, but decided to finish it last night.
I really like @mdc 's take on this build, so when I saw it I wanted to build one for myself as I was in the middle of a handful of strip board builds.
You can see I used a similar layout as I thought it looked great.

Couldn't test it fully as everybody was asleep when I finished it, but it's chaotic all right!
I like the regular fuzz sound, but the other modes, albeit pretty fun and crazy, need some taming.

IMG_0831.jpg IMG_0829.jpg IMG_0833.jpg

A bit off cooked pasta inside, but as most of my Vero builds, just glad it fired up straight away (well, I had miswired the switch at first, but that was a 2 minutes fix).
Great faceplate from @amplifyfun , had fun with the concentric circles (unused design from another pedal).

Last edited:
Heck yeah! Looks great!
I've been using mine on mode 2, and it's definitely earned a spot on my board.

Looks fantastic! I’ve been wondering how the metallic faceplate from Amplifyfun looks— been wanting to order some myself. Awesome!

Are those the new knobs from LMS?

Looks fantastic! I’ve been wondering how the metallic faceplate from Amplifyfun looks— been wanting to order some myself. Awesome!

Are those the new knobs from LMS?
They’re from Tayda, but look the same as those new ones I think.
The faceplate is great, This is the Brushed Stainless. But they are thinner than the regular plastic ones, so I would not use super thin lines fine details.

Last edited:
They’re from Tayda, but look the same as those new ones I think.
The faceplate is great, This is the Brushed Stainless. But they are thinner than the regular plastic ones, so I would not use super thin lines.
Good to know! One of my designs had some very fine cuts, but if it’ll be prone to breaking then I’ll go for one of the thicker ones for that design

Good to know! One of my designs had some very fine cuts, but if it’ll be prone to breaking then I’ll go for one of the thicker ones for that design
I wasn’t saying that for solidity (more than fine) but more for legibility as the cuts are shallower.
Like the text in negative in black boxes could have been clearer, but that’s mostly because of the font and size, so most likely avoid super fine details is what I meant…

I haven't really touched knobs since finding a sound that I liked, but my recollection is that there's a pretty substantial difference between the 4 modes, but the range within each mode isn't as pronounced. I'm pretty sure I used the wrong taper pots in mine too, so I think the useful range for mine is bunched up on one end (and the volume is at like ... 8:00?)

Back