DEMO Outskirts Echo Transmission Array- 1776 Multiplex Echo Machine+ modulation+ Rub-a-Dub reverb

This post contains an audio or video demo
Now that I think more about it, the 1776 Multiplex was how I found out about the El-Cap.

I had been on a hiatus from guitar stuff for almost 6 years and when I got back into playing and wanting to build again, I found the Multiplex in my search for a DIY tape echo sim.

Further research led me to some TGP posts of people talking about how the El-Cap did all the same stuff and more. I obviously had missed the whole ascendency of Strymon in my absence from guitar stuff and had no clue what they were all about other than expensive.

Fast forward a few years and bam…

This build made me realize the Hydra probably isn't for me. I have little to no use for multi head rhythmic delays. I'll probably still build it anyway though 🤷

I haven’t gotten to build the Hydra yet, but the Binson setting on the multiplex is my least used setting. Space echo setting, on the other hand…

I haven’t gotten to build the Hydra yet, but the Binson setting on the multiplex is my least used setting. Space echo setting, on the other hand…
I mean that's why I built it was for the space echo setting. I already knew I don't really like the EP-3 thing. I did already waste my money on a belle epoch deluxe after all 🤣

When I think Binson, I typically think of Gilmour in the fixed head setting. I don’t really use the multihead setting on the El-Cap.

Great Build! I love the look of it! :cool:

I think a Space Echo with 2 2399s wouldn't be that cool. The beauty of the Sagen delay and the Hydra are using weird combinations of heads like 1,3 or 2,3 to get waltz-y type rhythms.

Back