SOLVED Ceriatone Centura is the ****ing Bane of My Existence...

Fingolfen

I've built in the neighborhood of 100 pedals. I can still count on one hand those that haven't worked... I've populated three Ceriatone Centaur boards at this point, and none... NONE of them have worked. I'm at a complete loss - especially since I got the Tone Geek BFK board to work first time around. I can't even get the dang LED to turn on. Help?

At this point I have it hooked up to my Spaghetti tester without the battery set up. I'm using the late style build with the output hooked through the connection mid-board.

Attachments

• ceri-01.jpg
    ceri-01.jpg
    993.8 KB · Views: 46
  • ceri-02.jpg
    ceri-02.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 46
  • ceri-03.jpg
    ceri-03.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Is there sound in bypass?
Are you getting any voltage at all on the ICs?
Have you tried checking with a sound probe to see where the signal cuts out?

Whatever you're doing wrong, you are at least failing consistently it seems.
I doubt it's the Ceriatone board's fault, so let's find the issue!

Well I've only built one, and that was for a friend and it worked fine first go - sorry! The first thing I would change is that stomp switch. Those X-wing switches are notoriously bad. You can just use 6 lugs of a regular 9-pin stomp switch if you have one or you could wire the Klone to be TBP.

And it's hard to tell from the pics but are you certain the ICs are around the right way?

Thanks for the thoughts guys... so... ummm....

aladdin-genie.gif

This is what I get just doing a "light on" test without doing the sound test. It was late last night, so I put off the sound test until this morning... and... ummm... the PEDAL works fine. The LED was the wrong way around... *sigh*

I'll go do some penance now...

Thanks for the thoughts guys... so... ummm....

View attachment 28290

This is what I get just doing a "light on" test without doing the sound test. It was late last night, so I put off the sound test until this morning... and... ummm... the PEDAL works fine. The LED was the wrong way around... *sigh*

I'll go do some penance now...
Not sure this helps you feel any better, but I've done that a lot.

Back