What's on the workbench?

@Bricksnbeatles I think you should give better coffee a shot.
I've tasted plenty of coffee over the years, from crappy over-sweet Starbucks stuff, to really fancy stuff from legit coffee people and I've never been able to stand the flavor. I can certainly appreciate the quality differences, but no matter what its just unpleasant to me.

I was always a bit more disappointed with Ginger Baker since he was actually phenomenal but without Cream... eh.
I never did get the Ginger Baker hype– He's good and all, but he hasn't contributed to much music that I find enjoyable. He was good in cream, but he never did anything that stood out to me, even with Fela or Hawkwind. If I'm gonna listen to a drummer who was chronically abusive to everybody he interacted with, they better have more than 80 minutes of worthwhile creative output. Not to say that he's bad, or that artistic worth is based on volume, but really a shockingly small proportion of his music is remotely interesting or listenable imo.

How DARE you compare delicious coffee to Eric Clapton!
Keep drinking your gross warm bean water– leaves (no pun intended) more delicious hot leaf water for me.

I've tasted plenty of coffee over the years, from crappy over-sweet Starbucks stuff, to really fancy stuff from legit coffee people and I've never been able to stand the flavor. I can certainly appreciate the quality differences, but no matter what its just unpleasant to me.
Fair enough. With the characterization of 'bitter' for all of coffee, it sounded like there may be something out there you might dig. But I have to agree with you in re tea.

Fair enough. With the characterization of 'bitter' for all of coffee, it sounded like there may be something out there you might dig. But I have to agree with you in re tea.
I certainly have tried to like coffee. My morning tea doesn't have nearly enough caffeine to sustain me through 13-hour studio-class days. alas Coffee and myself get along about as well as Ginger Baker and, well... anyone else.

Never heard of it before, but the demo sounds pretty sweet. Hope we see a PCB for the one.
It's only been out a few days.

So more like a Harmonic Energizer. I imagine it has a bit less range, though…
Similar result, yes, but you don't get the wide sweeps like the Energizer. The frequency is fixed as far as I can tell.

No trim pots, but there's a dipswitch for "Darker Woman Tone" which I suppose shifts the frequency or Q.

The drive sounds excellent all on it own, even before switching on the "Woman Tone".

Yeaaah my doctor told me to give up soda and coffee when I had a kidney stone...

I was drinking like a 12 pack of Cokes a day at one point and hadn't tasted water in years. :ROFLMAO:

I quit drinking Cokes, but coffee? I'll just go ahead and die.

I don't even drink it for the caffeine, hell I drink coffee at night and it knocks me right out. Probably an adverse reaction to ADHD.

Yeaaah my doctor told me to give up soda and coffee when I had a kidney stone...

I was drinking like a 12 pack of Cokes a day at one point and hadn't tasted water in years. :ROFLMAO:

I quit drinking Cokes, but coffee? I'll just go ahead and die.

I don't even drink it for the caffeine, hell I drink coffee at night and it knocks me right out. Probably an adverse reaction to ADHD.

Yeah.. it's not something I'd consider living without.
There's a fresh cup dripping in the kitchen for me as we speak type.

That's not a thing is it? TELL ME there aren't monsters out there in this world who are actually doing this?!

:rolleyes:

I've only been drinking coffee on days I am in the office, so M-W. Occasionally on the weekend I'll go for a coffee run down to Stewart's but that's pretty much it.

I was a smoker from the age of about 15-25, with heavy smoking from 18-25, so coffee was a lifeline after I quit the smokes. Now, it doesn't do much for me except stain my teeth but i still can't quit it completely.

I just like coffee, I don't really drink it for the caffeine. It puts me to sleep anyway. :ROFLMAO:

And I just want plain old dirt water coffee, you can keep all that french vanila and beetroot extract or whatever the heck kids are putting in there these days. Cold coffee? Only if I forgot it was sitting there.

When I was a kid my grandmother used to make me coffee in the morning and put an ice cube in it so I didn't get burned.

It wasn't all that terrible, so I get it, it just seems so wrong.

Looking back, it's no wonder I needed ritalin to focus in school. :ROFLMAO:

Looking back, it's no wonder I needed ritalin to focus in school. :ROFLMAO:

0cb03e8a06409d0ad40779b92e63a4cec7-mad-men-jig-2.h473.w710.gif

I stop drinking Coffee 40 years ago when I found out it was causing my Migraines.
I only drink Tea with Milk & 2 teaspoons of real sugar around 4 times a day since then!
Dilmah Extra Strength is my preferred brand.

I've never gotten a migraine from drinking coffee, although I've gotten them from not drinking my morning cup, so I suppose that's similar.

I'm usually fine unless I get carried away and drink it all day, then I end up a bit on edge and jittery.

Back