Ticking noise with seahorse?

BurntFingers

I just boxed this pedal.

Everything works and I can live with it but there's a slight ticking noise the increases on volume with the depth knob, and the rate of the ticking is linked to the rate knob. No other knobs change the parameters of the ticking, just those two.

Now I had a look at the eqd site and they have a disclaimer for the afterneath that basically mentions the same thing but is affected by the drag knob.

However if there's a way to get this perfect and noise free I'd like to give it a go. Any ideas on what could cause this ticking?

After 4 build of the Sea Machine, I've found 0 with the ticking..... on my amp.

However, I have 2 customers having the ticking with their setups. Seems like it's related to a power supply-Signal chain issue.

Isolated power supply are always the trouble for now. Daisy-chaining the pedal do the trick (I don't understand but it works).

After 4 build of the Sea Machine, I've found 0 with the ticking..... on my amp.

However, I have 2 customers having the ticking with their setups. Seems like it's related to a power supply-Signal chain issue.

Isolated power supply are always the trouble for now. Daisy-chaining the pedal do the trick (I don't understand but it works).

How odd. I'd expect it to be the opposite. I gave the sea machine it own dedicated output on the PSU but maybe daisy chaining it would help for some odd reason. Only one way to find out.

Btw, what settings do you like on yours? There's so much going on with this pedal, and the labels for the controls are pretty useless. It's hard to know where to begin.

How odd. I'd expect it to be the opposite. I gave the sea machine it own dedicated output on the PSU but maybe daisy chaining it would help for some odd reason. Only one way to find out.

Btw, what settings do you like on yours? There's so much going on with this pedal, and the labels for the controls are pretty useless. It's hard to know where to begin.

Overlap and Animation at 0 (or near zero). Intensity and Depth over 12 o'clock. Delay at noon. And a slow rotating speed, at 8-9 o'clock.

This way, it sounds like a "standard" chorus (Collective Soul - December for example), but with a nice ambiant tone to it.

Daisy chaining the power supply effectively adds what ever filter caps are in each pedal to all the pedals. Also increases the current draw on the supply, so don't over do it.

Great name "BurntFingers" . Perfect for a pedal builder forum.

Back