Will it be possible to order a full Byzantium kit at musikding sometime soon, please ?

eh là bas ma

I ask because I think pedalPCB is currently the only brand, in partnership with musikding, that offers the possibility to build a BF-2 clone.

I have been waiting and waiting...very patiently...and i am probably not the only one...

I am scared to build it on vero or perfboard. It's too big, too complex for me, at this point.

Any reason why it wouldn't be possible ?

Last edited:
it may be that some parts availability is a factor (delay chips have been scarce during the last year or so). could be an issue that small quantities of a part might be tracked down but not enough inventory for a larger order for musikding to offer kits.

you could order the PCB (seems to be in stock right now at least) and order the parts to make your own kit. the build doc is not yet posted but the parts list is available.

Thanks for your reply, you are probably right. I guess it's the coolaudio V3207...

15$ fee to send to europe isn't so bad, but for a 20$ pcb... considering I have a BF-3 already... I guess I'll wait to have the chance to try it somewhere sometime. I suspect it's not that much better than BF-3... I will be even more patient and include a Byzantium kit in my prayers to the DIY goddess before bedtime. Maybe a good old ritual sacrifice will do the trick. I will burn my favourite flanger at the foot of the amp-altar and see...

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, you are probably right. I guess it's the coolaudio V3027...

15$ fee to send to europe isn't so bad, but for a 20$ pcb... considering I have a BF-3 already... I guess I'll wait to have the chance to try it somewhere sometime. I suspect it's not that much better than BF-3... I will be even more patient and include a Byzantium kit in my prayers to the DIY goddess before bedtime. Maybe a good old ritual sacrifice will do the trick. I will burn my favourite flanger at the foot of the amp-altar and see...
Ahhh -- I thought you were just wanting a kit rather than wanting to be able to get the board from a more local source. Understood.

Thanks for your reply, you are probably right. I guess it's the coolaudio V3207...

There is a Polish company that has a pcb and a kit ,a larger pcb than say 125b ,I tried three times to build their flanger but failed first time I built the pedal pcb worked first time .

I'm pretty sure they should have a few of the PCBs so its probably down to waiting on the parts at this point.
I built your BF2 and it worked well, Since then had a go at a Ibanez Fl-9 from Perf and PCB and can only get clean sound he wont supply voltages in fact he didn''t reply to my message his facebook page is more marketing than help ,so can you have a go at a pcb for that less parts than the BF-2 Cheers

It's basically the same circuit as the BF-2, I don't know that any matched transistors are needed.

I built your BF2 and it worked well, Since then had a go at a Ibanez Fl-9 from Perf and PCB and can only get clean sound he wont supply voltages in fact he didn''t reply to my message his facebook page is more marketing than help ,so can you have a go at a pcb for that less parts than the BF-2 Cheers

You're talking about EffectsLayouts right? Maybe he missed your message (I know I don't check my social media accounts nearly enough), I can't imagine he wouldn't be helpful.

With that said, unless I'm mistaken his FL-9 PCB uses a modified / simplified LFO, not the original circuit.

The original FL-9 circuit has a similar parts count to the BF-2.

Bumping this up, because, unfortunately, still no progress 1 year later.

I have a PCB ready for the FL-9 it just needs to be verified.

Any news about the pedalpcb FL-9 project ?

I'd love to verify it, I volonteer. I'm just next door, one atlantic ocean away.

It would be amazing if some musikding's full kits were available for byzantium or FL-9 !

Last edited:
Back