Headphones recommendation

fig

Village Idiot
There are an increasing number of times in the early morning that I’d like to test a circuit or just groove on the guitar. I’d also like to do some fundamental recording at some point. Bottom line: I need a good set of phones, and who better to ask? Thanks in advance. :love:

There are an increasing number of times in the early morning that I’d like to test a circuit or just groove on the guitar. I’d also like to do some fundamental recording at some point. Bottom line: I need a good set of phones, and who better to ask? Thanks in advance. :love:

Paying attention to this. I’m scoping out an Iridium for a testing board.

Reactions: fig
I've been using Sony MDR-7506 for a few years but I just noticed they're starting to wear out a bit...

So maybe I need to follow this thread too. :ROFLMAO:

See what you’ve done @fig and @PedalPCB?

It’s like Pavlov’s dog in this bitch.

Also, 33.
I am a product of my environment haha… all joking aside I’ve been happy with my Bose sound link 2. yeah they expensive and most likely the same quality of others but they’ve lasted a while and still sound good…

I've been using the same pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pros for years now. Comfy, sounds good, good noise cancelation and they were 100 dollars.
I second this. I need to replace the pads on mine at some point, since I feel like they are older than my 10 year old daughter. But they still work perfectly.

It depends how far you want to go. If it's just for early morning circuit testing or jamming, I'd go with the Beyer Dynamics mentioned by Roberman. If you want to go crazy, get electrostatics and build a KG headphone amp.

• Thinking
Can't go wrong with a the beyerdynamic dt770 pro. For about $150 they're hard to beat, super comfy too
These also look great. I have a similar shaped headphones from Audio Technica that are my most comfortable and best sounding headphones (I think the same earpads fit). They don't make the model anymore, so if they were to ever break, I'd probably consider these as replacements.

I've been using Sony MDR-7506 for a few years but I just noticed they're starting to wear out a bit...

So maybe I need to follow this thread too. :ROFLMAO:
I’ve had a pair of MDR-V6 for ages. Super flat response and a standard industry choice for a reason. The stock pads are flaky garbage though. They were discontinued a few years back but the 7506 are still in production.

AKG K240 with an extra-long cable — best headphones I've ever had, most comfortable and lasted the longest...

8290c6ad3aab34eb62530505f61d6f2d--akg-headphones-studio-headphones.jpg

akg k240 mkii for recording / testing pedals functionality . For Crafting some guitar tone /sounds you need a good studio monitors for esample genelec. Pm me for more specific questions if you have.

Back