Shimmer temporary footswitch or tap tempo on Spatialist

wote

Hey everyone,
Just putting feelers out there to see if anyone has tried to add any mods to your Spatialist/Arachnid pedals. They seem like interesting ideas and I think they could be doable. I'm trying to do more research on the subject but If anyone has any ideas, please share! Thanks!

I've never heard of anyone doin a tap-tempo with an FV-1 build of any sort. But the shimmer can use a momentary-on stomp switch to set the Shimmer level control to max while held down to give a momentary hold on it.

Tap tempo is possible but it eats up a large portion of your instructions.
Thanks for the info, I saw the post on the tap tempo on an fv-1 development and it looked like a pretty cool project even though they had some issues.

as long as it's not a delay, you're honestly probably better off using a taplfo or stomplfo to modulate the voltage going into one of the pot inputs.

Thanks for the info, I saw the post on the tap tempo on an fv-1 development and it looked like a pretty cool project even though they had some issues.
You may be referring to my post. I have the tap tempo working really well now. I’ve sold several pedals with it incorporated and haven’t had any complaints. I could probably share the code for a basic tap delay and one with modulation if there’s interest, as long as the circuit is modded the way I have it in the post.

As pedalpcb said it eats up a ton of code, can’t do any more than a basic delay, or some simple modulation. There’s no doubt it would be nice to put tap tempo on an attiny chip or similar and have that send analog voltage to the fv-1.

do we know how the arp-87 implements tap tempo, as far as I can tell its an FV-1 based tap tempo delay.

That babelfish project linked by cyber cow was my original inspiration and helped me get started with the algo for tap. I ended up making quite a few changes to how it works and I think it’s working very nicely, more smoothly than the babelfish code was working for me. with a momentary ftsw, and you can still use 3 pot controls. I can share code if anyone wants.

That babelfish project linked by cyber cow was my original inspiration and helped me get started with the algo for tap. I ended up making quite a few changes to how it works and I think it’s working very nicely, more smoothly than the babelfish code was working for me. with a momentary ftsw, and you can still use 3 pot controls. I can share code if anyone wants.
PLEASE! Love to try out that code. I've been futzing with FV-1 programming in both SpinCAD Designer and SpinASM.

Oh, an you may want to check out Digital Larry's update to the SpinCAD Designer. Now released 0.98.1032 - up from 0.98.1027

SpinCAD Designer version 0.98.1032

Last edited:
Wait, why were the Single and Coarse delays removed?

What is the alternative to them?
Use the Triple-Tap delay. There's nothing that you can't do with that that the other ones did. If you don't hook up a tap, code is not generated for it. Secret tip - if you have existing patches which use this block they will still work. And if you are desperate you can copy that from an existing patch to a new patch.

Ahh that's cool, I thought it might be something like that.

Good to know, thanks! (and from the source)

Back