My Klonlike Clones

matt3310

I'm using the Kliche Mini boards and they are great!!

Im having the enclosures lasered by a local guy but really want to do it myself. Any recommendations on an inexpensive laser for doing this?

I'm a bit intimidated by trying as I am not good at design work or design software at all.

ZFIJMgE.jpg

I have a little Neje Master 2. It’s definitely easier to do a two tone paint job and burn the first layer of paint off than it is to burn it down to the bare metal.

I've got a friend who has a LaserPecker.

It works quite well, I've seen him use it.

I was thinking of getting one, $20 off $100+ right now...
Wait, what!? There is nothing right ab this, not even gonna push that hyperlink.

Aside, that is a pretty sweet effect for the artwork, very clever.

Wait, what!? There is nothing right ab this, not even gonna push that hyperlink.

Aside, that is a pretty sweet effect for the artwork, very clever.
It's okay, LaserPecker is a legit product. Small handheld laser engravers is their thing, and I've heard good things about them. I have a CO2 laser in my garage, but I'm tempted by the Laserpecker fiber laser, $1500 isn't bad for fiber.

It's okay, LaserPecker is a legit product. Small handheld laser engravers is their thing, and I've heard good things about them. I have a CO2 laser in my garage, but I'm tempted by the Laserpecker fiber laser, $1500 isn't bad for fiber.

Looked pretty good til I saw the working area of 80x90mm…if it can’t do a 1590xx I’m out. 😆

Looked pretty good til I saw the working area of 80x90mm…if it can’t do a 1590xx I’m out. 😆
Yeah that's part of why I haven't pulled the trigger. I found a comparably priced unit with more power and a bigger work area, but the resolution isn't as good. Not that I need absurd resolution, but laserpecker does have impressive resolution.

All of this is moot because I really shouldn't be throwing away $1500 for something I don't even remotely need :p

I’m looking in to CloudRay fiber lasers, I definitely don’t need it but damn it would be nice to have a fiber that does 200mmx200mm.

I’m looking in to CloudRay fiber lasers, I definitely don’t need it but damn it would be nice to have a fiber that does 200mmx200mm.

Those look pretty cool, the 40W CO2 looks like a Glowforge knockoff with a native Windows/Mac application instead of the silly cloud based software.

First I have to find some dolphins...

Those look pretty cool, the 40W CO2 looks like a Glowforge knockoff with a native Windows/Mac application instead of the silly cloud based software.

First I have to find some dolphins...
Sharks. You want sharks.

SereneVagueHaddock-max-1mb.gif

Or at least ill-tempered sea bass.

Every creature deserves a warm meal.

Back