TH Black Eye (Soldano GTO) prototype build

I can't wait to hook this 1 up after I get the parts I didn't have in the spares box. I wonder how to connect this with a solid state power section... IE 'old and poor man's' JTM 45 :giggle:

For now I'll just have it as the last pedal before the amp.

g40NoYe.jpg

C1, the 10uf cap. Is that cap ok at 250v rating with ~245v plus heat happening? Should I derate that cap more or is it going to be ok at 250v?

Well it appears I goofed. I'm fully aware that you can't fit top jacks on the 1590BB enclosure, but apparently I was distracted while drilling the jacks on at least three Black Eye enclosures, one of which went out to a customer. I don't know how many more there are out there, hopefully none, but if you get a pre-drilled enclosure from me that is drilled for top jacks instead of side jacks please let me know and I'll either refund you for the box or send you a new box.

Will you still be offering predrilled enclosures with the new PCB restock ?
Can they be painted ?

Duh... sorry. The info is there: '' A pre-drilled enclosure is available for an additional cost.''

Well it appears I goofed. I'm fully aware that you can't fit top jacks on the 1590BB enclosure, but apparently I was distracted while drilling the jacks on at least three Black Eye enclosures, one of which went out to a customer. I don't know how many more there are out there, hopefully none, but if you get a pre-drilled enclosure from me that is drilled for top jacks instead of side jacks please let me know and I'll either refund you for the box or send you a new box.
Bummer. Just checked mine.
81B430AD-B664-4C64-9B42-6DA3CEF758B9.jpeg

As someone who builds a lot of tube amps I'd be a little concerned at running a ribbon cable right on top of a tube! Don't you worry about melted insulation or noise?

BTW I think you have done an incredible job - I'm super impressed and might just buy a PCB when I have more time. Or I might wait until you do a Badcat Two-tone tube overdrive. :) Mercury Magnetics do an AC transformer for a Matchless Hotbox which is almost identical...

Back