Knob alignment device (Fun with arts and crafts!!!)

SchlegFace

I really like the Pepers' Pedals Better Setter and plan on buying one in the future. I think it is a great concept for a tool to solve the issue of knob alignment. I really just can't justify the cost of the shipping at this time though, so being a DIYer I have been thinking about how to make one myself. My initial ideas revolved around buying some aluminum sheet to cut one from or maybe trying to mod a sewing rule into the tool, but I never got out of the initial idea phase. Then the other day I was using the wife's Silhouette machine to make a quick birthday card and it hit me, why don't I just draw up a knob setter in CAD and then use the Silhouette to cut it out on some cardstock? So that is what I did. I problem solved a little along the way, like how to get alignment marks on both sides, which led me down the path of mirroring the shape and folding it in half which also provided some "extra durability"! It was an enjoyable hour project and the final product is quite usable! If it breaks down after a few pedals, I can just print and cut a few more in about 10 minutes, but eventually I will still be investing in a Better Setter.

PXL_20220727_162318306.jpg

cut outs.jpg

knob setter.jpg

Back