Hydra/Spatialist combo (AA Esotera)

Paradox916

So this was something I have been meaning to get around to for a while, sooo many issues I ran into, broken wires, tight fit, ideas that flat out didn’t work, but I sorted everything out on the fly and it turned out good enough. I could go back and change a few things but I’m l kind of over messing with this one.

With the order switch the LEDs change color indicating what is first in the chain (blue first red second) so I could utilize the internal modulation algorithms on the Fv-1 of the spatialist, (I like modulation before delay) they are useable but not really anything that gets me excited. Installed a clock module instead of the crystal oscillator, and ran a 10k external pot rather than the internal trimmer( if we are going to give this more knobs and switches than necessary why not go all the way?) ,This really increased the range of delay time giving me the ability to push it into longer and shorter delay times than I would ever use in practical manner. The oscillation mod (I can’t help myself) on a 3pdt momentary through a dual gang 50k trimmed down to 25k (a 5k or 10k would have been the way to go) controls the speed and swell of the Hydra, you really need to have 2 heads running for it to ramp up nicely , a little noisy on engagement but the release is pretty epic… cool circuits , a lot of work to put them in one enclosure like this. Probably won’t do that again. Didn’t really turn out how I was wanting but not bad, soooo many knobs and switches so I dubbed it the Esotera. Umm yeah I’m even over writing about it.. but it’s cool I’ll keep it.

31FDC706-BC16-49E9-AB84-B72EC4336B36.jpeg 9914E7A8-8D3E-422A-BD00-2AD76CA45596.jpeg

Demo as promised

Last edited:
Thanks! I’m not sure what EVP flooring is but maybe… One thing I do know is the wife hates it so its going bye bye some time in the future.
Engineered Vinyl Plank. Looks like hardwood with a textured surface. My wife loves it and wants it in the entire house. It's at least a little better than laminate flooring.

What-is-EVP-Construct-1.jpg

But enough of me derailing another of your build reports.

Back