Do you still purchase pedals?

I more or less stopped… maybe 1-2 a year? Last one was the Way Huge Atreides. And I still have a pedal from Folktek on preorder …..

Reactions: fig
I haven't bought a new pedal since I started building them, but there are some commercially made ones that I still use all the time. Specifically my tuner pedal and my digital delay/reverb/etc pedals, my Danelectro Tuna Melt tremolo pedal, and my Boss volume pedal.

Last edited:
Reactions: fig
I love my "custom" Korg Tuner. I really like the Strymon Flint but I'm trying to convince myself that I love the Source Audio Collider I bought last year. I wouldn't say it's noisy but because my amps and OD pedals are so ridiculously quiet I do notice a background hiss when I use the delay - even just as a slapback delay the hiss is there. Less so with the reverb, which seems arse-about to me! I have built a heap of delays and a few reverbs but bought the Collider because it's reverb and delay in one pedal and it has memory patches.

I also bought a Boss DM2-W because a DM2 was the first pedal I ever bought, back when it was new. The DM2-W sounds fantastic but the buffer kills it for me - I don't use it as a result.

So apart from the occasional One Control BJF-designed OD I don't buy dirt pedals any more. My much-modded home-brew ODs and fuzzes do it for me. I have a One Control Strawberry Red OD to send to Robert but I keep forgetting to send it - It's a killer OD and I would love to mod it. I'm surprised we don't hear more about One Control actually because they make some of the better ODs I've tried. I would love to try a Strawberry Red OD with different diodes. It's easily my favourite commercially available OD at the moment.

I guess this would count;

My wife got me a Line 6 pod go …or something like that for Christmas. The wireless dongle is dodgy (aka useless) but it, like all the MEUs I’ve plugged into, has a few groovy setups and if you care to fiddle enough, can create even nicer rigs. Headphone out, amp out, effect loop, line-level out, expression pedal.

Every now and then if I find a good deal or want to support a local music store that has something interesting.

Also can't pass up any broken/as is pedals I find. Replaced the power protection diode in a few EHX's, loose jack in a BBE etc. Just like most of what I build here the journey is more fun than the destination most of the time.

Just got the Behringer UV300 for $20, may rehouse it fun.

Most recently was 2 new boss FS-7s (I got em for super cheap because of an Amazon pricing error. Sure, I could build the same thing myself; but I love the type of switch these use) and 3 used EV-30s

Back