NGD: offset tele build

almondcity

Body from nomoonlaser, Warmoth neck (10-16, 6150SS, boatneck profile), Cavalier pickups (Lion King and Nocaster), **** a tone knob

I'm already in love with this thing. I had to shim the neck forward a bit but now I have it playing where I want it, no fret buzz at all. The neck is incredible. It feels super fat in the hand but the v shape helps it to not be too much. It's not perfect, but it's mine!

Attachments

• 20220806_144209.jpg
    20220806_144209.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
One other thing that was a side goal for this project was to keep it reasonably cheap, as this was my first attempt at building a guitar. This cost me $875 in total, which, for a guitar that has all the specs I wanted, is a crazy success for me

Body from nomoonlaser, Warmoth neck (10-16, 6150SS, boatneck profile), Cavalier pickups (Lion King and Nocaster), **** a tone knob

I'm already in love with this thing. I had to shim the neck forward a bit but now I have it playing where I want it, no fret buzz at all. The neck is incredible. It feels super fat in the hand but the v shape helps it to not be too much. It's not perfect, but it's mine!
Love Cavalier pickups man they took my tele to the next level. I’d put my lion bridge up against anything.

I'm really loving the bridge pickup. I have a SD Broadcaster in my other tele and the Cavalier is better for sure. I almost never use the neck pickup alone but I'm loving the middle position too. I put a 390K resistor in parallel so it's like having a 500K tone pot on like 9ish and it seems just right

Back