TH Black Eye (Soldano GTO) prototype build

Any suggestions how to fix this? Should I run some grounds to the enclosure like in and amp? Or connect the in and out grounds together? Maybe run hounds from the power jack to the In/out grounds?

5bxZCJA.jpg

Newest one
Are you having issues with your 2 Builds ????

Any suggestions how to fix this? Should I run some grounds to the enclosure like in and amp? Or connect the in and out grounds together? Maybe run hounds from the power jack to the In/out grounds?
Have you tried lifting one of the grounds from the Input/ Output jack ????

I put the Black Eye “AFTER” my General Tso as it has a BP, and Whala! No squeal full blast vol or gain. Sweet. Now I need to built a tiny Bp to stick in front of this beast because I don’t want it after my General Tso. Thank you @music6000

I never have oscillation issues as I always have buffered pedals amongst my true bypass pedals!
It will be a Trace within the PCB sitting too close to another Trace!
This is High Gain so it is more prone to squeal in a confined space!!!

I never have oscillation issues as I always have buffered pedals amongst my true bypass pedals!
It will be a Trace within the PCB sitting too close to another Trace!
This is High Gain so it is more prone to squeal in a confined space!!!
If the traces are too close why does the buffer correct it on my build? Just lowering the impedance is the trick?

I put the Black Eye “AFTER” my General Tso as it has a BP, and Whala! No squeal full blast vol or gain. Sweet. Now I need to built a tiny Bp to stick in front of this beast because I don’t want it after my General Tso. Thank you @music6000
If this is the solution, then the pedal was designed to never be used alone without a buffered pedal before it?! That isn't logical. Or it would have the onboard circuitry to function on it's own.

Haven’t built mine yet, but I’m curious— of everyone who has built it so far, who’s had this oscillation issue? I feel like I’ve seen of 20 or so people who have mentioned building it, but only five people seem to be reporting this issue. Can we track down what variables are at play here? The 250v vs 400v cap? Tube brand? Source of 555 and/or mosfet for the power section? Wire gauge used?

The people having the issue are no slouches when it comes to building, so building errors can safely be ruled out. I feel like there’s gotta be a common thread between either all of the builds with the issue or all of the builds without the issue.

Back