What's on the workbench?

Anyone who hasn't tried the Golden Faulk ought to, it's the last MIAB I'll ever build (probably)

That is the best MIAB I've tried, and MIAB's are kinda my thing. 😂

It sounds great low to high gain, unlike some that only shine at one extreme or the other.

You can just barely crack on the Normal or Bright controls and get all bluesy and Hendrix like, or dime them and rock the F*$K out!

It's fantastic.

This one isn't actually on the workbench, but this seemed like the most appropriate place to post...

1660314068460.png

From the designer said:
The top 5 reasons why I have made this Bunny Potting Form is:
1. The epoxy potting material provides a Thermal Stability for components as it acts as a heat sink for every component.
2. The 3D Bunny Filament is a shield from exterior heat sources.
3. All electronic components have a self-resonance, which is stabilized when damped in an epoxy form. Non resonating electronic components have a more focused sonic performance.
4. Knowing all the benefits aforementioned, I thought lets have some FUN and make the Potting Form inspire Pink Bunny Smiles.
5. Piracy

Although I will say this is the first time I've seen goop used as a form of art, I just don't think that little bunny is going to have the effect that was intended. Is there a guilt factor involved? "Oh no, we can't hurt the cute little bunny!"

Consider my interest piqued.

This one isn't actually on the workbench, but this seemed like the most appropriate place to post...

View attachment 30614

Although I will say this is the first time I've seen goop used as a form of art, I just don't think that little bunny is going to have the effect that was intended. Is there a guilt factor involved? "Oh no, we can't hurt the cute little bunny!"

If that ain’t a plain old OKF I’ll be shocked

View attachment 30614

Damn pirates......

Just imagine the sonic stability of a marshmallow peep inside the pedal with those precisely-weighted metal knobs (help me out here, I wanna say vertex?).

Edit: What happened to the 'roll eyes' reaction?

The precision milled knobs was Free The Tone.

I'm glad someone else got the Peeps Bunny vibe from it. :ROFLMAO:

The custom reactions got wiped in a XenForo update because I, despite knowing better, added them to the existing theme files instead of creating a custom reactions file. I'll get around to adding them back eventually.

I think what concerns me the most is the jack placement.... why did they have to be so close together? I guess pancake jacks are out.

...and I just realized there's no DC jack? 😒

Back