Looking for a diy reverb with short delay time, non FV-1 based.

temol

Looking for a DIY room-like reverb, with delay times up to 30ms.
Could not find anything except FV-1 based projects or this one.
I've played a bit with all-pass filters but could not get long enough delay. And the biggest issues is the noise (stacked op-amps).

Well.. doubt about this. There are PT2399 chips inside and min delay for PT2399 is 30ms.

If you've ruled out the FV-1 and Belton Brick you don't have a lot of options left for DIY reverb.

I was going to suggest the Stalker, but finding the ES56028 IC might be tricky.

I mean the ideal answer would be an MN3011 (or some other BBD contraption), but that's probably not a realistic solution.

I have a Belton based reverb but I want a shorter delay. Shorter than PT2399 offers.
Yesterday I ordered ES56033 from Aliexpress. I'm afraid it's the only source now... We'll see.
FV1 is at the end of my list because of the overall price, availability. And it requires pre-programmed EPROM.

A little bit of success. I've just breadborded simple "reverb" using MN3207/MN3102 chips. By adjusting clock frequency I get delay times between 3-30 ms. A bit noisy at slow clock clock speeds. And there's a little bit of slapback at the attack.

please share what you've found, I have a pair each of those chips and only need 1 CE-2 clone... 😉

Or is it that found the bottom of the clock frequency that's still usable?

please share what you've found,

Take look at the MN3207 datasheet. There's an application circuit (echo) on the last page. I breadboarded it to test adjustment range of the delay times. By varying R/C values connected to pins 5 and 6 of the MN3102 you change oscillation frequency. Just put potentiometer/trimmer instead of R. Also check page 3 of the MN3102 datasheet. There's a table with examples of R and C values and frequency ranges.

FV1 is at the end of my list because of the overall price, availability. And it requires pre-programmed EPROM.

The FV1 has some decent reverb algorithms built in, no EEPROM required.

I think you'd be pretty happy with the results (and flexibility of SpinCAD + EEPROM), but the BBD idea sounds pretty damn cool. :)

I’ve not read to deep on data sheets, i get to pin outs and what voltage fries them if I even read them (like finding substitute IC’s…) ;)

Guess I want to see y breadboard but bad wording to ask more politely than Buggks “how big are they?”

I saw the deadend fx bbd reverbs. When I was researching them I was convinced I would build the metamorph cause it sounds great. But finding the mn3011 seems impossible.

The eagle has landed.. ES56033E from aliexpress. Five pieces for US $5.58. Delivery took 19 days.
1661840268278.png
I tested only one piece, it works, no issues.

I've breadboarded the Stalker and here's short test. Sloppy playing but I just wanted to check different knob settings.
There are 16 "riffs". 1-8 LFO off, 9-16 LFO on. 1-4 and 9-12 mix @ 12 o'clock, 5-8 and 13-16 mix @ 15 o'clock. Time setting for each group of fours: mininum, 9 o'clock, 12 o'clock, 15 o'clock.

I'm quite happy with the result. Now it's time to design a pcb.

The eagle has landed.. ES56033E from aliexpress. Five pieces for US $5.58. Delivery took 19 days.
View attachment 31466

I've breadboarded the Stalker and here's short test. Sloppy playing but I just wanted to check different knob settings.
There are 16 "riffs". 1-8 LFO off, 9-16 LFO on. 1-4 and 9-12 mix @ 12 o'clock, 5-8 and 13-16 mix @ 15 o'clock. Time setting for each group of fours: mininum, 9 o'clock, 12 o'clock, 15 o'clock.

What was the overdrive? Sounded great!

View attachment 31466

Would you be willing to share your pcb layout once it's done? I'm definetely interested

Back