Sproing Deluxe

Betty Wont

I'm really happy with this one. It's a super efficient design and it sounds really good. Nothing new with the Moon trem, but it's a classic for a reason and it pairs great with the reverb. I'm no fan of the belton brick generally, especially the long one, and even though it modulates like drunken sailor, the lower settings are surprisingly springy and bright. I'm keeping this. I dont do that very often.
20220811_172448.jpg 20220811_172423.jpg

Love the cleanliness. What’s your approach to holding components in place whilst soldering? Blu-tack, or bending over the legs?

Love the cleanliness. What’s your approach to holding components in place whilst soldering? Blu-tack, or bending over the legs?
Neither, I build in height layers and push down on the pcb a bit with my solder feeding hand and that keeps them straight. I like things to line up, which is one of the reasons I love building pedalpcb. The footswitch arrangement was super satisfying on this one.

Oh, and the tremolo bypass LED serves double duty as a rate indicator. I find this really nice. I don't care for always-on rate indicators and omit them from my builds.

Back