Schadenfreude

DGWVI

Probably the quickest PLL pcb to populate. Surprisingly nice. Tracking is a lot better than some others I've tried. Still need to stamp the labels on, but I'm gonna wait until I've got the rest of the builds for this project boxed

Attachments

• PXL_20220812_153037210.jpg
    PXL_20220812_153037210.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20220812_153352633.jpg
    PXL_20220812_153352633.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
@DGWVI Great build! Looks really clean! :)

Quick question...

I just finished mine and....err...I think it's working. The problem I have is that I'm getting this weird tap from it whenever it's engaged and I'm not playing. Like a tap every 2 secs. Does this happen to you? I think the main difference with mine that I see is that I'm using 100n film capacitors. Looks like you're using ceramic caps for your 100n ones, right? Maybe that's what is causing the tapping on mine. :p

@DGWVI Great build! Looks really clean! :)

Quick question...

I just finished mine and....err...I think it's working. The problem I have is that I'm getting this weird tap from it whenever it's engaged and I'm not playing. Like a tap every 2 secs. Does this happen to you? I think the main difference with mine that I see is that I'm using 100n film capacitors. Looks like you're using ceramic caps for your 100n ones, right? Maybe that's what is causing the tapping on mine. :p
I have no such issues with mine, but I doubt the ceramics are preventing them.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by tap?

I have no such issues with mine, but I doubt the ceramics are preventing them.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by tap?
Just posted this in the troubleshooting forum. Basically it's an audible tap or click sound every 2 seconds or so. Pretty consistent whenever I'm not playing. Really weird. I probed the board and it seems to be off the CD4046. I'll see if anyone else might know of a good direction to go in for troubleshooting it. Just strange. :p

so, just brainstorming, but I find that the decay on low notes tends to slow from the pitch to stagnation, and when its near the end of that range, it gets very "clicky" for lack of a better term. if you take a look at the waveform from the guitardammerung, it's pretty wild. IIRC this is a 4049 feeding into a 4046--- its possible that you're getting a very low oscillation of... something.... either from the 4049 or otherwise, that's not being filtered out by the input cap, and it's being converted to a very short pulse waveform that you're hearing as a ticking.

like under certain circumstances you can get the pedal to slowly glissando from the note you're playing all the way down to such low sub-sonic range that all you year is the slow, sporadic pips of like a 1% pulse width wave.

Not making a ton of sense, I know, but pretty much what I mean is that an audio probe probably won't be of a ton of help here. check the input of the 4046 with your multimeter to see if you're getting a reading in the millivolt range that slooooooowly rises and falls over the period of the audio clicking.

Back