A couple Parasit happy fun time pedals

Diynot

If you know Parasit builds, you know. All the crazy cmos driven robot sex sounds you could ever hope for. First is the Sonic Reducer. A bit crusher/ring mod. Easy build, bang for the buck baby! Very bell like tones to be had, but also plenty of dissonance if that’s what you’re aiming for. Throw it into some reverb for the most mood/ Asimovian/sci-fi atmosphere. I missed ordering the modulation daughter board, but kind of glad I did. Instead I (with validation from @benny_profane over on the MBP forums) cooked up a mod to use the Wavelord to drive a home brew vactrol in the Sonic Reducer. Man what a lot of fun (I know, DEMO!). Only regret is using a toggle instead of a footswitch to turn the mod on/off. Here’s the pics:
5954158B-FAD4-4762-89FA-13A81BC8098C.jpeg 3755E905-B4DA-4172-A23F-7699BC1787B7.jpeg F5A63E3A-AEE5-48D4-A44A-B29DE1CBCBA3.jpeg
Nothing says reduction, Sonic or otherwise like the BFG9000.
Next up is the Quantum Defrakulator. A 3 voice drone synth. The first oscillator has a 4 step sequencer for a little movement. Again, super fun little noise machine especially when run through some modulation or delay. I think I could have crammed this into a smaller enclosure, but meh. I need to bust out my little mixer so that I can run this, my abacus, and maybe a little drum sequencer together. Unfortunately, I have a lot of things that can accept CV control but really only 1 that will produce CV (mother 32) so linking everything is a bit of a no go. Here’s the pics:
485143AA-6634-4A02-8A81-DA2B2AED03ED.jpeg 35C5339E-ECBD-4316-9076-58D4B6922903.jpeg
Even if I implemented CV jacks, there a lot of empty space.

Last edited:
Nice! I've had that sonic reducer on my board for a while now, it's the best diy bit crusher I've come across. Ocelot sounds pretty great in front. I didn't even consider a mod board... hmmmm.

Nice! I've had that sonic reducer on my board for a while now, it's the best diy bit crusher I've come across. Ocelot sounds pretty great in front. I didn't even consider a mod board... hmmmm.
Oh snap! I hadn’t considered combining it with the ocelot, but will now need to. Thanks for the suggestion. The mod board from Parasit only produces a triangle wave which may be “good enough”, but with the Wavelord driving……🤯 wondering if there is a way to put some diode clippers in to give access to more square-ish waveforms from the daughter board.

I have a mod in mind for the defraculators when I build mine to add clock ins and outs so they can be slaved together for more complex drone harmonies or use something like the EHX clockworks to get some weird shizzle going
Clock out would allow interfacing with the abacus. That would be some serious bleep bloop deliciousness. Lemme know what you come up with.

Clock out would allow interfacing with the abacus. That would be some serious bleep bloop deliciousness. Lemme know what you come up with.
That’s the plan ;)
Two QD3s and two Abaci
If @Scruffie and Co. eventually wind up doing the RTG with cv and clock pads that I suggested then I’ll have at least 3 of those in the fold too. A mixer and some other doodads and things’ll get wiiiiild

That’s the plan ;)
Two QD3s and two Abaci
If @Scruffie and Co. eventually wind up doing the RTG with cv and clock pads that I suggested then I’ll have at least 3 of those in the fold too. A mixer and some other doodads and things’ll get wiiiiild
Daaaaamn! Would you be CV-ing the osc frequency on the RTG (wouldn’t that negate the “random”)?

Back