Bassifrass/Phezos

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Effects layouts offers this beastly thing. It's their take on the frantone bassweet. It's another circuit I've never played so I have no comparison but it's a massive, perhaps too thick bass fuzz. I can assume I would disappear if I stepped on it live but all alone with my p bass it's just wonderful. I've been mostly underwhelmed by germanium muffs but I'm coming around. I don't have a ton of germs on hand but this pair of ac127 were the best sounding.

Still on my Max Ernst collage thing.

Screenshot_20220813-022053_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220813-022117_Gallery.jpg
I had asked you guys for help finding this knob. Thanks again, @dawson. Your schmorging ways helped birth this, I'm calling it the Jeffy Phezos. It's just a dissected mini phase 90 knock off with a 2 knob job. Just helping a buddy with 2 phasers on his board make some room. I forgot to take a gut shot but, who cares... it's the phezos.
Screenshot_20220813-022023_Gallery.jpg

Effects layouts offers this beastly thing. It's their take on the frantone bassweet. It's another circuit I've never played so I have no comparison but it's a massive, perhaps too thick bass fuzz. I can assume I would disappear if I stepped on it live but all alone with my p bass it's just wonderful. I've been mostly underwhelmed by germanium muffs but I'm coming around. I don't have a ton of germs on hand but this pair of ac127 were the best sounding.

Still on my Max Ernst collage thing.

View attachment 30664View attachment 30665
I had asked you guys for help finding this knob. Thanks again, @dawson. Your schmorging ways helped birth this, I'm calling it the Jeffy Phezos. It's just a dissected mini phase 90 knock off with a 2 knob job. Just helping a buddy with 2 phasers on his board make some room. I forgot to take a gut shot but, who cares... it's the phezos.
View attachment 30666

That's such a good knob!
Its' one downfall is how difficult it is to read while standing up- I've been thinking about what the best way to add an indicator would be.. at one point, I was about to mount a mini-chickenhead knob right on the top of it at one point.

Cool pedals, both of them!

Yeah, one could maybe extend the white line onto the top with paint? The dude I'm giving it to can worry about that. Slap a sticker on it.

"...too thick bass fuzz." — bite your tongue!

Great graphic, where on earth did you find that Max Ernst? Great job on both pedals.

Reminded me of the old Beagle Brothers Software graphic-mashups...

images

It's a very well placed pangolin. I took a pop culture course in college that touched on dadaist artists and I went down a rabbit hole that bored its way deep into my head. The textbook was not available at the bookstore, you had to get it across town at this little independent book store. That professor was amazing, I ended up taking several of his classes.

The Dadaism stuff may have been another text, it's been 20 years... check this cover out though.

51z4uUGOc5L.jpg

Yeah, suspicion confirmed. I brought the bassifrass to rehearsal today and once you get thickness out of the tone knob, you completely disappear. Didn't find a happy medium. Still love it though.

Back