Stuff you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

spi

A thread for stupid pedal-building questions.

I'll ask mine:
What's up with the tooth lock washers that come with 3pdt?. Do people use them? I use them (right up against the enclosure) only because they come with it, but also feel they don't add much value--the few times I forgot to put them in there weren't any ill effects.

Those little lock washers on the 3pdt I've forgotten to include a few times and never noticed a big enough issue to take the pedal back apart. I try to use them because I don't see any downside and just the potential upside of the switch not loosening prematurely. I think they are more important for jacks because I've actually had jacks come loose.

Why are those white nylon washers so tasty, why do they have to attach them to the 3dpt switch. Looks like they would put them in their own bag.

When did PayPal start charging an “international fee” for ordering from Tayda/international board suppliers
That must be very new. PayPal has charged fees for international transactions with friends and families in the past, but it's very strange to see a customer get hit with an 'international' fee for a goods and services payment.

I’ve noticed it for my last 2 Tayda orders in June and July. I can’t find them on the paypal invoices at the moment so maybe it’s just my bank, but was sure I had seen it posted on paypal
Edit: Looks to be a possible currency conversion fee

Last edited:
Back