Stuff you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

A thread for stupid pedal-building questions.

I'll ask mine:
What's up with the tooth lock washers that come with 3pdt?. Do people use them? I use them (right up against the enclosure) only because they come with it, but also feel they don't add much value--the few times I forgot to put them in there weren't any ill effects.
I'd refer to my other post in the thread about worn out rocket sockets but that there is a lock washer ... with that you don't have to tighten down the external nut so darn much because once under tension it helps prevent the threads from backing out under vibration (use)

Reactions: spi
Am I the only one who isn't blow away by the Klon?
No. I mean I see the appeal and played rigs where a Klone was absolutely on point for the tone (e.g. Strat into Marshall), but most of the time I'd rather have a different overdrive or boost. Yet again, tons of other people probably hate the pedals I like so...

I guess. I mean inserted from the inside and tightened on the outside, like the rest of the offboard components.
Because they ugly.

No. I mean I see the appeal and played rigs where a Klone was absolutely on point for the tone (e.g. Strat into Marshall), but most of the time I'd rather have a different overdrive or boost. Yet again, tons of other people probably hate the pedals I like so...

Because they ugly.
Let's agree to disagree

Back