Stuff you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

For pins you should just refer to the chip's data sheet, it will show you which pins are ins, outs, and powers.

For 15V I assume that it assumes you're using a 15V power supply, because there's no charge pump in the circuit. This circuit should work just fine at 9V, or you could use an external pcb with a charge pump to increase the voltage in (or if you have a pedal power supply that lets you increase voltage you could use that ).
The SPS pedals have a charge pump on the daughterboard. @PangeaDestructor Are you building a project bought from VFE, or are you working from that schematic with your own project?

Reactions: spi
How do people like Zappa's music? Asking for a friend.
How do people not like Zappa? There's so much good stuff and it's so diverse. You don't have to be a die-hard fan and like everything. Even I can't stand some of his stuff but so much if it is amazing IMO.
Maybe I can recommend some tracks of you tell me what you're into?

Now how do people like Prince's music?

Last edited:
I don't like pearl jam either. But you didn't answer the question 🥴

Grew up with it being force fed down my throat like so much of the 60/70s. I say the same thing about pink flyod. I appreciate the talent and that people dig it but I'm still trying to figure out why I'm supposed to like it? Its funny because when someone says they don't like a band I do I don't instantly throw out something they like and basically say I know you are but what am I😂. Man, thinking for yourself and forming your own tastes can be real hard sometimes 😩. Still love y'all.

Some of his instrumental stuff, just has always blown me away. Watermelon in Easter Hay is probably one of my favorite songs of all. Of course I like his music, but even more for me is that he didn't give a shit what other people thought and always followed what he loved to do.

How do people not like Zappa? There's so much good stuff and it's so diverse. You don't have to be a die-hard fan and like everything. Even I can't stand some of his stuff but so much if it is amazing IMO.

I heard he made great pancakes.

The thing I like about Zappa, the same that I love about the artist Szukalski, is the strong vision and unrelenting productivity to achieve this. There is something inside them, driving on their creativity at its core. You may not like the output but you can still admire the craftsmanship.

I haven't listened to a lot of Zappa but to me it's the musical equivalent of an inside joke that I'm not in on. It seems like, from my uninformed perspective, that at least part of the appeal of his work is the relative complexity, which is a huge turnoff, and there's an undercurrent of comedy or cleverness that I don't appreciate either

I haven't listened to a lot of Zappa but to me it's the musical equivalent of an inside joke that I'm not in on. It seems like, from my uninformed perspective, that at least part of the appeal of his work is the relative complexity, which is a huge turnoff, and there's an undercurrent of comedy or cleverness that I don't appreciate either
I've never really thought of him / his music that way, but that's a very interesting take.

Music, and who likes what, is all about personal preference.

He has a lot of more straight ahead music I prefer more. I’m really A fan of Hot Rats and Weasels Ripped my Flesh and not much else save for the song Black Napkins.

That's what I said, he made so much stuff you're bound to find something you'll like but it's the same with me and Prince. I just don't like it even though I can appreciate the talent.
There's nothing we can do it say to make you like something. The thing with Zappa is, many people think he was a shock jock or something but he also wrote orchestral music, jazz, rock, fusion, funny monologues etc. I don't think anybody comes close to that diversity.

The thing I like about Zappa, the same that I love about the artist Szukalski, is the strong vision and unrelenting productivity to achieve this. There is something inside them, driving on their creativity at its core. You may not like the output but you can still admire the craftsmanship.
What exactly is that vision with regards to Zappa?

So this is one that I’ve been wanting to ask and it’s pretty simple…..I need/want(my girls going to kill me) a clean tube amp. Right now I’m using an orange crush 20 and tbh I love it but I’ve noticed using all these pedals is that I need again or “want” a clean platform. I’ve been looking at the fender blues juniors for my first tube amp but damn their expensive! So my question is does anyone know of a great tube amp that isn’t so damn expensive and will give me what I want? 🤔

So this is one that I’ve been wanting to ask and it’s pretty simple…..I need/want(my girls going to kill me) a clean tube amp. Right now I’m using an orange crush 20 and tbh I love it but I’ve noticed using all these pedals is that I need again or “want” a clean platform. I’ve been looking at the fender blues juniors for my first tube amp but damn their expensive! So my question is does anyone know of a great tube amp that isn’t so damn expensive and will give me what I want? 🤔
For a little guy, I really like the Fender Champ circuit.

What exactly is that vision with regards to Zappa?
Pretty hard to describe if you’re not super familiar with his work, but this should give an idea:

As a complete Zappa obsessive, I could give you suggestions if you ever feel like checking out some of his work that might appeal to you. His discography is so absurdly vast, yk

Back