Bass Klon

Off topic (as per usual) but I enjoy seeing the "do cables matter? " on the front followed immediately on the next page by a "buy this magic cable" advertisement.

I bought a spendy cable once, a coreX2. I had to replace the jack on my fretless soon after. Not only were the tips slightly thicker for some reason, the entire cable was so heavy and rigid that it just ate the poor thing. I don't even move around that much. It was also this cumbersome and unpleasant to touch grippy rubbery texture that would stick to your pants. Nicest thing i can say is that it sounded the same as the mid 90s fender brand cable I was trying to upgrade. Got paranoid that it would hurt my pbass or amp so it hangs on the wall as a reminder to not be fancier than I need to be.

I'll go read it now but I'm a little afraid you're going to cause me to build yet another thing....

I have a Cordial Cable and it is well-made, no complaints. There are snake-oil cables out there, but the Cordial is the real deal. Having said that, most of my cables are cheap Monoprice cables and they work just fine and have held up well.

Back