"How much more black could this be? And the answer is none - none more black." Obsidius Build

mbenbranch

Obsidius build for my professional bass playing brother. Really dig this one, might have to build another for myself.

Also, apparently the build docs provide valuable information on which boards are spaced for 1/8 watt resistors vs. 1/4 watt. This was a fun project to learn that lesson with.

Attachments

• PXL_20220826_024654371.jpg
    PXL_20220826_024654371.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
Great job.
For maximum teepeeage, use two 1/4W resistors in series next time.

I feel the title of the post is a reference to something and it's going over my head.
Thanks! There is one double teepee: above the IC in the bottom right. Can't remember the value of the top of my head.

And the title is a reference to This Is Spinal Tap. It's a quote about the album cover of "Smell the Glove"

Funny you mention that. I actually have a pedal planned that originally was going to use black 3.0 and will instead use Musou Black, but I’m still waiting on Tayda to offer the line cutting service on 1590DD and XX enclosures before I build it
The main concern I have with these paints is durability. I’m interested to see what you come up with!

I've always wanted that magic black paint, from the earliest announcement of it — sucks to piggy-Kapoor's asmar.

From one bucket to another...
I've got one project that requires Tiffany Blue. I've found a match online, but cannot source the paint locally.

Back