Tayda Custom Drill Lines and Shapes option?

WheatAndBarley

I don't know when they added this but has anyone tried it out? Its a little hard to place things since you have to specify X and Y coordinates for each point in your line. Does this mean that I can make long thin rectangles in the drill template designer and have them be cutouts for sliders?

I've done rectangles as slots for tube vents, but I don't care for the sharp ends so I'm going to try out mixing straight lines with drill holes to try to get rounded edges. Making rectangles is tedious as you have to put in start/end coordinates for every single line, but it works out.

View attachment 31542
what's the size of the cutout compared to the size you input in the editor? I'm trying to figure out what the kerf go the bit they're using is, so I can get squares with rounded holes cut without it looking all wonky haha

what's the size of the cutout compared to the size you input in the editor? I'm trying to figure out what the kerf go the bit they're using is, so I can get squares with rounded holes cut without it looking all wonky haha
That's a good question, I'll have to go in and measure them. I assume kerf is going to be very minimal, but I haven't ordered any rounded slots yet to see how they come out.

I’m going to be trying it out soon for a rectangular cutout for a PCB DC jack.
I've been wondering if anyone has tried this yet. Be nice to see a shared template that works with I/O board with the rectangular DC jack on it. Could be a nice level up for those builds you want to be extra pro looking.

I've been wondering if anyone has tried this yet. Be nice to see a shared template that works with I/O board with the rectangular DC jack on it. Could be a nice level up for those builds you want to be extra pro looking.

I was inspired by the @PedalPCB I/O board for mine and he gave me the idea to use a ground spring to make my enclosure connections with isolated jacks.

I’d gladly work up the dimensions for the PPCB I/O board and share it.

Back