Grover drive question.

this whole time i thought it was an electra type in the front end. i almost tried to add an electra boost to the front of my Dover with a third foot switch , lol im glad i didnt do that. thats way different from what i was thinking. ill have to breadboard this to hear how it sounds in the DD. TY for the schematic , im surprised at how close the Dover drive is to the 200lbs of gold.
No Surprises, Lovepedal has been building Hermida products for at least 10 years with Alf doing the circuit designs!

No Surprises, Lovepedal has been building Hermida products for at least 10 years with Alf doing the circuit designs!
i sure do love his circuits tho, i understand the criticism with his marketing but as a new person to electronics i think his simple circuits are some of the best sounding circuits ive made and really fun to adjust to change the sound.

update on my pedal , for some reason at the last moment when i was soldering everything i changed the 2n7000 for BS170 not remembering while they are pin compatible i had to flip it around . once i got that sorted the zen came to life with the most beautiful clipping . im really happy with this build. so much im going to do another as a gift for a friend .

I have this feeling that we're going to find that the Dover is exactly the 5lb Gold circuit.... but that's just a wild guess.
Given that this is essentially just two circuits reused I wouldn't be surprised at all, throwing on a third circuit and renaming the product is very much on brand.

Really diggin' your build Crispy, it's the sort of mad-scientist stuff that gets my own cerebral juices going.
Like when I saw a Blueberry OD with a Boost tacked on the end, I immediately wanted to have separate control of the boost and the ability to put it in front of the Blueberry.

Wish I could wire as cleanly as you.

@MichaelW is responsible for me picking up one of these boards, and what lead me to this thread. Looking forward to building this thing.

Lots of other inspiring contributions to this thread/my future build. Many thanks to all.

Back