Xc phaser

Phil hodson

Some time ago a very nice man @caiofilipini built a stunning xc phase with some beautiful graphics.
Not only was he nice enough to send me the graphics he also adjusted them so one had my name on it and two more I have to build for my friends kids who are getting into guitar right Now and they have their names on them too!
So I did my best to do it justice (apart from the 10 months since receiving the art work!)
I did actually build it a while ago but was having huge issues with adding the stomp switch. The board worked perfectly but as soon as I added the switch @thewintersoldier advised me to stop using the daughter board and just wire it up myself. I did that and got nothing. So it sat in my trouble shooting like until last week when I decided to give it another shot.
Again the board worked fine. So I just threw it back in the enclosure it it bloody worked! Who knows what was wrong last time. Im
Stumped. But at least it’s working now.
Love the scrip/90 settings. Just so perfect. A keeper for sure.

Attachments

• 24C652C1-DD29-4B9B-BEEB-B7D5465B82EF.jpeg
    24C652C1-DD29-4B9B-BEEB-B7D5465B82EF.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 1CF25AC2-6E4F-464E-A074-D693DC168E60.jpeg
    1CF25AC2-6E4F-464E-A074-D693DC168E60.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 0FB6E2A0-3F0E-4646-B2A3-903F0B9E78E5.jpeg
    0FB6E2A0-3F0E-4646-B2A3-903F0B9E78E5.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 5028166A-1BFC-4019-9928-00A7650E3219.jpeg
    5028166A-1BFC-4019-9928-00A7650E3219.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 64
Some time ago a very nice man @caiofilipini built a stunning xc phase with some beautiful graphics.
Not only was he nice enough to send me the graphics he also adjusted them so one had my name on it and two more I have to build for my friends kids who are getting into guitar right Now and they have their names on them too!
So I did my best to do it justice (apart from the 10 months since receiving the art work!)
I did actually build it a while ago but was having huge issues with adding the stomp switch. The board worked perfectly but as soon as I added the switch @thewintersoldier advised me to stop using the daughter board and just wire it up myself. I did that and got nothing. So it sat in my trouble shooting like until last week when I decided to give it another shot.
Again the board worked fine. So I just threw it back in the enclosure it it bloody worked! Who knows what was wrong last time. Im
Stumped. But at least it’s working now.
Love the scrip/90 settings. Just so perfect. A keeper for sure.
Wow, that looks just like an MXR, very cool! Looking forward building this. (Minus the cool graphics haha)

Where did you get the red resisters, or what brand are they??? Definitely a lot cooler looking to me anyways than your average blue striped jobs…..
Look soon for my own thread asking for help with my Xc phase build!! As I can get the light to light up but no sound to come out!!

I got them from Parts connexion here in Canada. I believe they are based in the states though. Out of Iowa. They are a brand called PRP. I have heard they are better for “audio” can I tell a difference? I don’t think so! I picked up a load when they were on sale and used some specifically for certain builds and am now just using up only stock.
I do like that the legs are nice and thick. Almost too think but not quite! And they make good legs for SM chip boards and attaching daughter boards etc.
I will keep an eye out for your post. I don’t know if I will be of much help compared to some on here.
Just make sure you clean your board, make sure you have the correct components In the correct place and the correct way round and post pics of both sides. Im sure you will have it fixed in no time!

Reactions: fig
Well there you go. I’m sure they weren’t around when I got my parts either. I much prefer the bourns ones. They seem to adjust much better than those Tayda ones. I guess with this one though it was a set and forget it one so not much adjustment needed once it was done.

Back