Pedalhacker on Vacation?

Looks like 1 band

Well I don't see the mark on the cathode on any of those and Oct 2019 was when I ordered the batch which turned out to be 1SS133. Prior to that he was selling Ma858 as Ma856. I'd say 1SS133 is likely what you have @joelorigo. As you've already seen they work just fine in that circuit and will no doubt sound excellent but it's pretty shitty pedalhacker was selling the same diodes at over $2 each for MA856 or 10 for $3 if you bought them as 1SS133. That's why I'll never order from him again.

...but it's pretty shitty pedalhacker was selling the same diodes at over $2 each for MA856 or 10 for $3 if you bought them as 1SS133. That's why I'll never order from him again.
Totally. At the time I justified paying the extra money because it was apparently what Analogman uses and how rare they are . Now I know why it was so easy for me to get!

A couple of months ago I ordered this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 7.28.16 AM.png

Any reason to believe anything funky about those parts?

Totally. At the time I justified paying the extra money because it was apparently what Analogman uses and how rare they are . Now I know why it was so easy for me to get!

A couple of months ago I ordered this:

View attachment 30670

Any reason to believe anything funky about those parts?

I wouldn't be too worried about those parts. Neither are completely unobtaniun so there's not much point in him selling fakes. It's worthwhile buying a multi meter or component tester if you don't have one so you can check parts are in spec when you get them.

I do have a DMM. I check all my resistors with it. I've been informed that the one I have it won't check capacitors but what else could/should I be checking?

I do have a DMM. I check all my resistors with it. I've been informed that the one I have it won't check capacitors but what else could/should I be checking?

You can also use it to check a diodes forward voltage if you're unsure what it is or if you think it could be broken. It would have let you know once you received the Ma856 that there was a problem.

You can also use it to check a diodes forward voltage if you're unsure what it is or if you think it could be broken. It would have let you know once you received the Ma856 that there was a problem.
Because the MA856 would have measurements that are different than the 1SS133?

Received an e-mail late this morning from Michael(pedalhacker). He's dealing with colon cancer. I've wondered as I've had an order in the works for a month and sent an e-mail 10 days ago without a reply till today. Sad news. He's hoping to have orders filled in the next three days. Wishing him well. Bob

Received an e-mail late this morning from Michael(pedalhacker). He's dealing with colon cancer. I've wondered as I've had an order in the works for a month and sent an e-mail 10 days ago without a reply till today. Sad news. He's hoping to have orders filled in the next three days. Wishing him well. Bob
Got the same email this morning I hope all is well with him.

I just had a brief email exchange with Michael. I pitched the idea of possibly helping him process orders. He seemed fairly responsive to the idea. Anyone interested in investing in PedalHacker? I'd go in on it and/or run it....but I might need a little capital to make it happen (depending on what Michael wants of course).

This really bothers me. First and foremost it looks like there is zero compassion, you could have at least leaded with you hope for a successful recovery. I haven't bought from him in over two years, for no other reason than I simply did not need what he is selling, but I truly wish him the best. My mother in law got diagnosed with colon cancer last year so I see what it's like first hand. Then you mention to take a stake in his business, when the most decent thing to do would be to offer to just help ship or buy from him and be patient to support his income in trying times both physically and financially. Then asking for people to help float a hostile takeover... JFC, and it takes a lot to offend me.
You're right, I should have led with that. There's some missing context in what I said...

I emailed Michael previously about this some months ago when he was having a health issue that caused delays. Definitely wish him the best then and I still do now. And, just like before, I extended an offer to help him fill his orders for nothing more than a small percentage on each order I fill. That way he still receives the lion's share of the business which in turn gives him the ability to pay his bills.

However, on top of that, this most recent exchange included the possibility of him selling the business. It's quite possible that his health issues are significant enough to the point where he feels he can't maintain the business.

So, no, this isn't a hostile takeover and quite compassionate. To your point, the first step is to step in and help. From there, if he decides he simply wants to sell the business then I might be able to help with that as well.

Sorry, I was quick to post and didn't take the time to thoroughly write out all the details.

Back