Dirt Dauber

I'm on team smudge.

I agree that it's in that captain bit/parasit vein of video game sounds. I'll be keeping my 8bitar where it is for real estate reasons but I like this circuit a lot. It scratches that itch but i don't need my glitchy octave to suddenly become a fuzz which seems to be the main advantage. Admittedly, I forgot to order 3M3 so mine it has 2M7 in those spots. I doubt my opinion will change when I swap em. You never know though.

Last edited:
This looks great! I’m putting one together and noticed that the PCB has 330k printed for two resistors but the BOM has them listed as 3m3s. Did you follow the build docs for yours?

I'm finally boxing mine up to gift out. If you were handing this to a teenager, how would you describe the fuzz element? It's not a face/bender/muff etc. and I don't think he's going to want to hear about this chip or that chip. I'm struggling to come up with a "Is kind of like _____" statement. All I have is "It's fuzz, bro."

I'm finally boxing mine up to gift out. If you were handing this to a teenager, how would you describe the fuzz element? It's not a face/bender/muff etc. and I don't think he's going to want to hear about this chip or that chip. I'm struggling to come up with a "Is kind of like _____" statement. All I have is "It's fuzz, bro."
I'd sorta liken it to a retro video game sounding fuzz.

So, ask if they ever wondered what a dying Commodore 64 sounds like? 🤷‍♂️

Back